The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

Down to the final four, @King_Cosmos @Cise @LyskTrevise @Skyentist Who’s it going to be? Queue epic music.

holy 70+ replies. Also as an FYI lysk won’t be around for a few hours.

Cryogenic Storage

I’m going to be away for the US time zone hours, so let me suggest that we don’t lynch anybody tonight. Reason being is that the med-bay will only come online the following day and so we’ll be a day behind on the medic role, also there will be a huge amount of information revealed the following day, right now we basically have nothing, just a 3-4/17 statistical chance of getting lucky.

Failing to lynch somebody today will give the psychopaths a free night kill. And regardless we’ll have almost no more information tomorrow either.

Right now we are fairly sure all roles are embedded in the systems so we can be sure that we’ll either lynch a roleless human or a wolf today. That’s better odds than usual at the start of a wolf game.

Hmm, if noble really is a wolf and the original suspicions about his list were justified… well, any wolves would be on their ball enough to vote in time and probably have already voted, so noble might just be trying to get an easy human lynch in… suspicion suspicion

Hmm. Im not sure i see a better choice, though. Not yet at least. But yeah, i said it earlier but it’s in our interest more than usual to get a lynch in today.

70 replies! Nice guys… What was I doing thinking about doing a silly thing like sleeping in…

I’ll follow the bandwagon for fear of death and it seems like a pretty good statistically random plan. I’m off to class, please don’t decide to bandwagon and vote kill me in the next few hours! Xamino may be nearly free but I’ve still got a ways to go :frowning:

Medbay

2 Likes

I disagree with lynching whoever is last to post their changes. You all hadn’t made a decision on what to do until just a few hours ago, and I’m sure many of us, myself included have been busy (sleep/class), this is the first time I have been able to post since I made my last one.

That said, if were going to lynch someone I found these two posts ultra suspicious, given that accusations had not been pointed towards them:

I’m especially suspicious of Topperfalkon, and much less suspicious of Cise at this point, so I will vote for him today. Why bring up the fact that he might be suspicious because he was a wolf last game? No one of our crew would think that, and quite honestly I think that he just slipped up due to nervousness or something.

So:
Topperfalkon
Medical Bay

EDIT: If you really are set on lynching King_Cosmos, you should move someone from the medbay to the point defense system.

I didn’t pick up on Topper’s quote, that is quite suspicious actually.

Also;

We’ve got that covered, it’s what Xamino is for (filling the gap of the lynch victim).

For now King_Cosmos until he votes for his system, then I’ll hear out what Topper has to say.

I was actually thinking that myself @LyskTrevise but wanted to wait and see if anyone else came to this conclussion. Thus I shall now retract my vote on lysk.

Topperfalkon

Lynch tally:
2 Enginish
1 NobleBrutus
1 Arkenbrien
3 4 Topperfalkon
1 King_Cosmos
1 TerranAmbass

I’m going to jump on and make this a band wagon. Moral of the story is, don’t try and persuade people you aren’t a wolf before they’ve even started asking. It’s a bit of a bumbling mistake to make, I would expect a wolf to be a little more careful, but lynching Topper seems to be the most ‘productive’ use of my vote.

Topperfalkon

I didnt see that quote from topperfalkon, too many posts today. But i really dislike that logic, martin doesnt decide alignment based on who was what the previous game, that’d be ridiculous. Im going to vote for you unless you justify this somehow, @Topperfalkon.

Thing about my general wolf game strategy is that i try to weed out wolves based on poor logic that may be being used to justify something wolfy. Hell it worked on cise last game (and didn’t work on lucas. Shifty bastard, that one). but sometimes i feel like maybe it’s just normal good old poor human logic. Oh well.

1 Like

Waiting for Topperfalkons response before jumping into the bandwagon. But yeah… sounds odd indeed.

Shit. Seriously?

Yes. You would expect a wolf to be more careful. I was trying to help find a confirmed human, given that I guessed the (presumed) lack of roles would make that harder. Seems like that backfired massively.

Yes, you’re right, the logic was tenuous, but I had literally nothing else to add to the conversation. Because I’m role-less. And human. That’s why I suggested that one of the previous wolves would make a possible confidant.

I intended the post to be read as “hey look, it’s really unlikely all of the wolves from the last game would also be wolves this time, so one of them is probably a human. They’re likely to be a good place to look for someone to trust.” It certainly wasn’t meant to be read as “I’m clearly a wolf and so are all the other wolves, so maybe you should lynch me first”.

To the rest of you, it pays to read the whole of my post before jumping to conclusions. This reeks of bandwagon LyskTrevise, I didn’t have any cause to suspect you until now.

If anything, if I were a wolf in this game I’d be far more concerned about figuring out how to get control of important-sounding systems with the aid of other wolves than trying to draw attention to myself.

EDIT: On this point in particular:

Unless I’m mistaken, we’re playing Wolf Game. Everyone’s suspicious until they’re proven human… apparently especially those trying to prove they’re human (or at least might be human).

EDIT2: Vote removed.

It’s also worth noting that I was the first to suggest the voting system we’re now using for the repairs. I’m still slightly disappointed you didn’t go for the wider spread, but frankly I glossed other some of those posts from earlier on today as it got a bit too technical for what I was able to read through whilst at work. I’m hoping you’ve got a good reason for preferring this method.

You forgot my vote for TA. :stuck_out_tongue:

And that is why you shouldn’t hide your vote in the middle of a block of ‘quote’ text.

3 Likes

I mean, even if you meant it that way, it doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense to me. Probability is fine and everything, but assuming Martin RNGs (which he has stated he used for previous games) then I dont see why you would think one or the other. Anyways, I’m not saying you’re a psychopath, but I am saying it was a suspicious thing to say, and as there isn’t really a whole lot else to go on, so that’s what I’m going with.

Bandwagon? I dont think you can say I was attempting to bandwagon anyone when I literally quoted you verbatim and said “i think this is suspicious, ima vote for him.”

You can suspect me all you want, in fact, you absolutely should suspect me since this is the wolf game, and the only reason you should not suspect me is if you already know my alignment. Only wolves know other player’s alignments, if everything is the same this game for the wolves in that respect, and I very much expect it is.

I think you can see that I am not the only one who thinks your post was at least a little bit odd, evidenced by the number of votes on you now.

To be honest, I hadn’t accounted for that. I’ve only played one other game of martin’s, the last one. If I’d considered that I probably wouldn’t have made my post. Or rather, I’d considered that even if martin was using an RNG, he’d at least use some measure to ensure the same teams don’t get picked in two consecutive games. Maybe I shouldn’t have leapt to that conclusion, but it seemed odd to me that a GM would allow that to happen.

Hmm…

Considering that, I retract my earlier advice. Clearly, there’s no reason to trust me or any of the other former wolves, even if I personally find it nonsensical for the same team to be wolves two games in a row. I clearly need to play more of martin’s games.

And whilst you’ve convinced me that your questioning wasn’t malicious Lysk, I’ve got no reason to trust you over anyone else yet, so my vote’ll remain.

That one gaffe aside, I’d like to think I contributed enough to protecting the ship’s systems to warrant not being lynched tonight, if that’s ok.

Im going to put a vote down before i head to bed for tonight, i should be around tomorrow though so i’ll see if things change then. we never have enough info on the first day, but we do have at least one mess up from a player and i wouldnt know who else to lynch quite frankly.

Topperfalkon

Hey now… If you want to accuse anyone of bandwagoning then you should pay attention to this guy:

See! He admits it!

2 Likes