Inquisitor Flavien 203270234.M47: My investigation into the taint of chaos has led me across the system to the forge world Kalia IV. I will proceed to interrogate forge workers tonight to narrow down the source of the stench of chaos which pervades this system.
Inquisitor Flavien 203280234.M47: The interrogations have been… disturbing. I sensed a strong taint of chaos in the room but none of my subjects showed any of the usual signs of contact with chaos - no indications of heretical thoughts. Autopsies revealed nothing unusual. They are completely baseline humans - no hidden psykers, no undeclared genetic enhancements.
Inquisitor Flavien 303290234.M47: An overwhelming psychic presence is here, in this facility! Powerful thoughts of chaos and heresy flow through the air. It takes all my psychic powers to just barely resist the call of the warp. A chaos sorcerer is here, somewhere in this facility, undoubtedly he has already captured some weaker minds and turned them into agents of chaos. I have sent out a general distress call but I do not know if I can hold off such power for long.
Lifesigns Terminated. Automated Broadcast Beacon Activated - 303310234.M47
A chaos sorcerer has been discovered on Kalia IV. It has twisted the minds of imperial subjects to his will and murdered an inquisitor. Such heresy will not be tolerated; An imperial exterminatus fleet is en-route, prepared to destroy all life on the planet to ensure that the taint of chaos does not spread any further. You must kill the agents of chaos and expose the chaos sorcerer before the fleet arrives!
This is the wolf game! The game has two teams, imperials (often referred to as humans) and chaos (often referred to as wolves). Both teams are trying to eliminate the other team before the timer ends (and both teams lose). The chaos team are a small but coordinated team of merciless killers, they are aware of each others identities and will work together to destroy the imperial team. The imperial team is a larger team, but no one is aware of anyones alignment but their own!
The game has two phases, night and day. During the night phase the chaos team will communicate with one another in secret and murder an innocent imperial. During the day phase all players (imperials and chaos) will vote on who to lynch for the murder - imperials must try to deduce the real identity of the chaos whilst the chaos team will be carefully sowing confusion and misinformation.
If you’re new to the game we have a lot of experienced players, ask them for advice (but be careful, they may be on the other team). Naturally you may also ask me (the GM) for advice, but I am limited in what I can say without ruining the game!
Some players may receive special roles. These roles may be passive or active, may happen during the day or the night, and may be given to imperials or chaos - it depends entirely on the role.
- The GM will never directly lie.
- Violating any rule is punishable by death.
- During the night phase no one may post in the forum thread. However, private messaging between players is allowed at any time of the day or night.
- Dead players must never contact other players about the game. They may post one single message to roleplay their death, but this must not contain any important information about the game.
- PM Communications between the GM and the player are secret. Do not screenshot or directly quote PMs from the GM to other players.
- Days will last 48 hours, nights will last 24 hours. Inactive players will be killed mercilessly.
- Votes and day role actions should be bold.
- Editing of posts is not allowed
- Enginish - Lor Virgil, Skitarius of Kalia IV
- Topperfalkon - Psyker
- Arkenbrien - Imperial Guardsman
- Lomsor - Heretical Tech Marine
- Tjafaas - Imperial Guard Commissar
- Kreydis - madman
- cybercritic - Multidimensional Engineer
- ClassicalPotato - Titan Technician
- King_Cosmos - Janitor
To sign up simply post I’m in below along with who you will be roleplaying in this game (keep it something at least vaguely appropriate for WH40K universe). Here’s a few suggestions to get you started: imperial guard soldier, forge world overseer, low level imperial worker drone, priest to the machine god, priest to the god emperor, secret inquisition agent.
- Night 0 - Inquisitor Flavien Murdered