The Wolf Game - Exterminatus - Day 6 - Chaos Wins!

The furiously bright blue light of the Kalia star burst over the horizon, temporarily blinding anyone foolish enough to be outside without protective goggles. Cybercritic, the transdimensional engineer, groaned as the intense blue light washed in through his window and woke him up. As he stumbled around still half asleep he heard an explosion, he glanced out of the window and briefly saw smoke and fire bursting out of the building across the road before he flinched away from the intensity of the sunlight.

A crowd gathered on the street outside the building watching fire crews put out the intense fire. Frequent explosions shook the building and chunks of destroyed masonry rained down to the street below. Eventually Skyentist, who had been working on the fire crew, joined the crowd and gestured for quiet. “That was the room of the tech marine Lomsor, as far as we can tell one of his weapons exploded when the sun rose, and all of his ammunition exploded in the fire… there’s no way an imperial weapon could fail in this way, have no doubt this was the work of chaos”

It Is Now Day

  • Lomsor has been murdered
  • Day will end in 48 Hours
  • Exterminatus fleet arrives in 6 Days
3 Likes

Standing just far enough away to hear, the words of Skyentist he lets out an eerie chuckle.

“Poor bastard must’ve rolled a one.” he mutters under his breath as he walks away. Twirling knife in hand.

“I wonder if anyone has any clues as to the chaos. Or if we’ll be playing the stabby stabby game today again.”

3 Likes

In the crowd, the transmechanic was close enough to @Kreydis to hear his vile sayings.

“So you do enjoying random stabbing? Sounds like the forces of chaos have taken the best of you!”

For action Kreydis calls,

For violence,

For swift judgement.

The most he had accused,

The day the madness began.

However no small debt have I,

To the one who changed his mind,

From myself to a hapless bystander,

And saved me from untimely depature.

What cruel reality is this,

Where callous pointless violence,

Undirected and decisive,

Is thanked by those who escape it?

No, not to Loyalty,

My gratitude extends,

But as an adder fanged,

Would I thank him again.

Yet again the question is raised,

Who again shall die today?

For through this awful night,

Another’s life force was spent.

So again I raise my voice,

Grating to my ears,

"Let us question Enginish,

For his methods let us hear!"

Realizing I had fallen asleep due to the boredom of people drolling on yesterday, about some poor sap that must have overslept and therefore was assumed the killer due to his absence, I find my self alone in the same common place where the gathering occurred the previous evening. “Damn I am one brazen fool to lay asleep outside when such evil forces are at work.” Reassuring myself it will not happen again, I decide the safest option is to set up a virtual presence for today’s meeting. “It’s fool proof!”, which is good since I know what a fool I often am.

Once back in my lab I assemble a workable robotic device from a few junk components around. This I can control to move around the discussion today without risk of harm to myself. Finishing the work I had forgotten one crucial detail, I’m a physicist not a tech master. So not 5 mins after maneuvering it outside of my room, it’s stuck bashing its front into a wall in an infinite loop. Damn.

To add insult to injury, before I could get to it the janitor @King_Cosmos comes by and disposes of it. In his defense it looked like junk, but this was a huge blow to my perfect plan. I guess I’m back to square one and interaction with people the old fashion way.

1 Like

Pft, forgot to vote for Enginish in my RP. Too busy fixing italics. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Silent in the street they stood,

Dumbfounded by a simple phrase.

Perhaps they aren’t in the mood,

The situation to appraise.

3 Likes

Kreydis would flick the knife straight and point it towards Tjafaas “That my chaotic friend, was a thing called a trap. You see, morons like you would assume that because we’ve killed someone without any infromation, that if someone expressed desire to do so. He must be chaos! But no, it’s the person who accuses such a thing that’s the most likely to be a HERETIC! Any with a mind would sensibly kill Tjafaas”

Heritic! EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

Not this time … a faint voice, he hears in his dream …

In the past you lived
you lived for long, rolled a lot,
this time you won’t
as I will roll!

It’s super effective.

Well, all of this is nice, but anything interesting happening? Until it does: random vote for inactive person today.

Skyentist. I’ll almost definitely change this before the day is over.

Random vote for. . . myself?

Walton gave his other servo skull an odd look. Grumbling, the adept snatched the machine out of the air, dragged it to a work bench, and proceeded to dismantle it in search of the obvious malfunction.

(probably going to regret this, but it was too amusing an RNG result to pass up)

4 Likes

Did anything happen last night at all? For anyone? And what’s causing the unexpected warp disturbance? Is that player influenced or just RNG?

1 Like

:smiley: I’ve been busy on campus all day! Just got home!

Sky rose from his cot and wandered around the mining premises wondering where this foul stench came from. He found Juno’s room and felt a mysterious chaotic presence eminating from within.

Juno Also totally random on an inactive.

We really need to get some discussion going and share some information…

The Day Will End In 24 Hours

Topper felt a greater connection with his deck today. The reading from his cards told him to beware those that move silently in the dark. Not overly helpful out of context, but he divined that this meant the potential Chaos threats in the area that hadn’t been seen much in public. Topper remembered seeing Juno, but hadn’t heard much from them since the death of the Inquisitor. Maybe that’s where the chaos was taking root.

As he walked past the site of the latest Chaos attack, Topper attempted to imprint his concerns about the suspect on his fellow imperials, but the influence of Chaos was too strong for him to be sure he succeeded

Yes, I did just roleplay an attempt to convince you to join in the vote against an inactive, what of it? :slightly_smiling:

Not sure I’ll be able to keep up with it though

2 Likes

Well, in the hope of furthering discussion and to put myself out there, I’ll join the bandwagon on Juno until further notice.

Here are all the votes from yesterday, I would like to point out that @juno, @abystander2 and @Collider did not cast a single vote. My vote goes to collider.

Arkenbrien       ->Kreydis-TerranAmbass-Enginish
Juno             ->Enginish
Abystander2      ->King_Cosmos
Collider         ->Enginish
Kreydis          ->xamino
Walton           ->Arkenbrien
ClassicalPotato  ->cybercritic-Arkenbrien-Kreydis
Xamino           ->Skyentist1

Some key information, Kreydis was the flip vote yesterday, Enginish cast the most votes, Ark escaped death.

1 Like

You should still count my vote towards @Kreydis. This heretic will be the death of us!

Please put your vote in bold, Martin might miss the simple @ when scanning the thread.

1 Like