Walton noticed a guardsman hovering at the edge of the impromptu group, looking, to the enginseer’s optics, rather nervous. The Mechanicus adept quickly zeroed in on the soldier’s weapon.
“That is an interesting lasgun, @Arkenbrien. It wouldn’t happen to be. . . modified, would it? I do hope you would be so intelligent as to avoid such heretical behavior.”
His fingers twitched restlessly, not accustomed to not being used to punch in archaic characters. Xamino lived a simple life, with simple thoughts. Guardsmen such as Arkenbrien were there to protect his life from the constant threat of Xenos and heretics. It was unfeasible to his simple mind that Imperial Guardsmen could be traitors.
“How dare all of you accuse a Guardsman? Have you no loyalty to our God-Emperor? @Kreydis is clearly sowing distrust and heresy! And Enginseer Walton Houchard is helping him!”
I’m going to read the manuals on this place after the jump, thought cybercritic only a few hours ago and now there was speak of murder, bombardment and mandatory daily lynchings. What did he get himself into, sure a dimension is never guaranteed to be safe, but Chaos Overlords, Imperiums, Inquisitors, that just plainly shouts for GTFO. However a return jump was not scheduled until a week from now, maybe some research on this place would do some good. As people started shouting who they want to kill this evening, cybercritic shouted from the back of the crowd the first name that popped into his mind.
Getting an eerie feeling, as if someone has spoken ill of my great name, I awaken from the deep focus that I’ve been in all day. Looking up he notices the bases warning alarm has been going on for who know how many hours. Something is wrong, not only with my calculations ( which I know to be already wrong), "I must go see what has happened.
Ending the simulation I was running and save all the work for the day I remark to my self, “A theory of a new, safer FTL theory will have to wait. I can’t complete my life’s work if I die to some disaster at the base.”
Stammering out of my lab, where I have been practically living for the last few weeks, I see people rushing around in a panic. “Wow, these plebeians must be mad, when has running around crazy ever helped anyone.” I calmly make my way to the common place where the civilized and intelligent come to meet. Maybe here I can get an explanation for what has occurred. Though after arriving I remember my anti-social tendencies and just sit in the corner, knowing I can derive all I need to know through people watching.
…Two Hours Later…
Carefully, I’ve listened to the people point fingers at each other and watch as they besmirch each others names with foul speech, I’ve begun to formulate my own thoughts on who the perpetrator must be.
Roles are a secret. You’re allowed to share role information… and you’re also allowed to lie about your roles - looks like you’ll have to trust the people trying to kill you
Dull recognition sparked in Sky’s eyes. Xamino he gasped. You used to be Xamino1! The medics fixed you! Or maybe the doctors themselves are what’s bringing chaos to this place and you are one of their agents! Xamino must be a traitor!
Purely RP and fun until someone more promising crops up…
Aby awoke from the coma sleep which had gripped him for so long. “1:00, by the Emperor, what happened?!” He was accustomed to deep sleep after long hours at work, but this was something different. He could feel the disturbance even in his stupor. The news of loosed chaos came as no surprise. Certainly it had prevented his timely waking, but its consequences were more far reaching than that. It confirmed his skepticism of the priesthood beyond any doubt. What excuse would those useless charlatans try to raise this time? His thoughts drifted to that fateful day when he first learned to despise the priests.
He was only a child back then, so full of innocence and so easily trusting. The priest looked so powerful in his elegant garb. As the member of a poor family Aby had always looked up to these powerful men and even aspired to become one of them if he worked hard enough. He was, then, of course especially eager to please when one particular priest asked him to deliver an anonymous message. He quickly found the recipient and relayed the message exactly as the priest told him. The forceful slap across his face did not stun him quite has much as the confusion and pain he felt as he saw the priest cackling in the background. This prestigious priest humiliated Aby for his own entertainment. Aby wondered what he did wrong. No, Aby was a reliable helper. The priest was to blame. To Chaos with him.
Aby was a reasonable man and didn’t base his opinion of the priesthood on this one instance. However, this was but the first a long series of events which slowly built his hatred for the priests. Now he saw them as vile pretenders who abused their supposed power of leashing the Chaos. Yet here even the mightiest of these buffoons is effected by the chaos. What further evidence did he need to completely disrepute the priesthood? Nonetheless, work called, and he need not worry about these threats of an Inquisitor for now. Besides, he was late to work.
Inside the mind of the GM the forces of chaos screamed. Only through an almighty act of will did he resist announcing that in the event of a tie all players involved would die.
I would, but I don’t have any suspicions yet, and I did just roleplay that my tarot cards (which would guide my choice) weren’t working for me right now.
Just kill off the inactive players. Also voting on day one still pisses me off. It’s fucking pointless and you guys have NOTHING TO GO ON SO STOP VOTING that being said. End of day is like an hour or two off from me getting done from work. Hard to respond. Give me advance notice or feel the wrath of Huck.
On that note. @ing someone does not = Bolding name someone. Read the rules and don’t count @'s as votes against someone.
ClassicalPotato hasn’t. So I’ll vote for him. Unless it comes down to me about to die day 1 to bullshit no info vote that gains no one any information.
The hot blue star sank low to the horizon, casting an unnerving purple glow across the sky. The crowd of assorted imperial subjects began to shift about nervously, unable to decide whom they should believe. To one side of the square stood Skitarius Lor Virgil and Enginseer Walton Houchard, both highly respected individuals on the forge world, accusing Arkenbrien of being some kind of chaos demon in disguise. On the other side of the square stood the accused guardsman Arkenbrien and this self proclaimed transdimensional enginseer cybercritic, who had appeared out of nowhere the day before, accusing the titan technician ClassicalPotato.
The standoff seemed like it would end in a stalemate until the Death Korps Guardsman, Kreydis, spoke up. “ClassicalPotato hasn’t said a word all day - a clear sign of the taint of chaos! I say we kill him just to be sure!” Mumbles of approval went around the square. Sensing that the crowd was on his side Kreydis levelled his Lasgun and pulled the trigger, instantly vaporising ClassicalPotato. As he walked off to his quarters a few people heard him mumbling something to himself about rolling a perfect natural 20.
It Is Now Night
ClassicalPotato has been lynched
An unexpected disturbance in the warp has delayed the Exterminatus fleet by 1 day
Night will end in 24 hours, wolves and special roles please PM me your votes before then