The Wolf Game - Exterminatus - Day 6 - Chaos Wins!

The day seemed to stretch on for a long time, the burning blue sunlight beat down and sapped all the energy from the discussion. A few half hearted accusations were made at abystander2 and Collider but no one seemed to take them very seriously. Eventually xamino decided that a change in pace would be a good thing, “I’m going to get lunch”, he announced, “anyone want to join me?”.

The crowd snapped, that was it. Only a herertical lunatic would suggest lunch at a time like this! Enginish charged forward, reaching for his combat knife, and soon the rest of the mob was behind him drawing a variety of deadly weapons! xamino looked around desperately for an exit but they had him surrounded… there was only one way out. xamino turned around, ran as fast as he could and leapt off the side of the walkway! a lasgun beam crackled through the air near him but he ignored it as he put everything he had into reaching for the next walkway over.

Enginish came to a stop and looked over the side of the walkway. The harsh brightness of the manufactorum lights faded away into a dim fog and even with his cybernetically enhanced vision he couldn’t make out the bottom of the pit.

It Is Now Night

  • Xamino has been lynched
  • Night will end in 22 hours
2 Likes

Curiously, the only thing that went through Xamino’s mind as he fell was: “Not again.”

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

After the murder of Commissar Tjafaas the night before Enginish slept with one eye open, literally. As he slept his cybernetic eyes scanned the room, ready to wake him at the first sign of trouble. It wasn’t his enhanced vision which woke him though, instead he was woken by a strange high pitched whine coming from far away… he grabbed his bolter and ran down the hallway towards the noise. he flew down two flights of stairs and sprinted towards the death korps barracks, now that he was getting closer the whine was painfully loud and he could easily identify it as the sound of an overloading lasgun - only one person in the death korps barracks was in possession of a lasgun right now: guardsman Kreydis!

As Enginish turned the final corner the lasgun exploded, instantly vaporising everyone in the barracks. The force of the blast sent Enginish flying backwards into a wall and as he staggered to his feet he felt another blow from behind, he shouted out in pain as the fire axe severed his spine and he toppled to the ground, paralysed. The killer rolled him over, grinned maniacally at him, and then swung the axe once more…

It Is Now Day

  • Kreydis has been murdered by chaos heretics
  • Enginish has been murdered by a dangerous psychopath
  • Day will end in 47 hours
  • Unusually low immaterium activity, Exterminatus fleet arrives in 4 days

Just in case people are confused by this new mechanic this means the chaos team (wolves) killed Kreydis, as with all chaos nighttime kills this confirms that he was definitely imperial (human). Enginish was killed by an unknown third party (possibly team chaos), and his alignment remains unknown.

4 Likes

Enginish tried to take in a shocked breath, but his diaphragm was done taking orders from him.
All he could do was gurgle out a sad little noise and die.

Blllllllrrrrrrgllllllllblllrgggll.
:dizzy_face:

6 Likes

Welp…that certainly makes the game interesting…

1 Like

As he wakes from the groaning of the overcharged lazgun Kreydis’ eye burst open, and his last shout ehcos through the hallway before the blast

"WHO TOUCHED MY GUN?"

https://camo.derpicdn.net/887bb23f5957958351c30e687fae187f9c18aef9?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wallpapermay.com%2Fthumbnails%2Fdetail%2F20120709%2Fheavy%20tf2%20team%20fortress%202%201680x1050%20wallpaper_www.wallpapermay.com_78.jpg

4 Likes

I’m still in between classes and will be for a couple more hours how can no one have any thoughts about this? @arkenbrien @abystander2 @Collider @King_Cosmos

I’ve spoken with TA privately but I’m surprised no one has any input…reactions…confessions??

2 Likes

I’m still just shocked and even kinda pissed that such a role exists and is only now coming out.

Did anyone who is currently alive get to talk to Tjafaas before his murder? More importantly, does anyone know how many power uses he had? I’d guess that this ‘golden gun’ is a one time use power, but we should set an upper bound on how many times finite powers can be used.

For all my distrust of Enginish, his murder serves to substantiate some of his ideas.
Here are the reasons he would be murdered: a wolf used the golden gun on a wolf. This is absurd. A wolf used the golden gun on a human. This would be a terribly unfortunate role assignment, but it can’t entirely be eliminated. A human used the golden gun on a supposed wolf. If this last case is true, then someone had reason to doubt Enginish. I’m all ears if you’d care to confirm my skepticism.

As for today, I’m voteless again so I can only offer my suggestions. (I’ll provide my vote for public opinion once I’ve gathered more info)

So. Funny thing about last night. Skyentist did a scan and shared the target, and the result, with me: @Arkenbrien is the Triggered Serial Killer. If everyone will recall, back when I was going around verifying Enginish’s information, Ark told me he had no role.

Someone lied to me, and right now I’m more inclined to trust Skyentist.

I’m looking forward towards hearing Arkenbrien’s thoughts on this.

Okay, we now have 2 confirmed roles.

I am a Triggered Serial Killer.

As the role suggests, Sky also was able to see that it was a triggered event. IE, I had absolutely no idea I was a psycho until literally last night. This is why I said I didn’t have a role, because I didn’t have one until last night. I was not told any point up to last night about my latent role.

The rules are simple: I must kill somebody every night.

I chose Enginish because I trust (sorta) Sky, and he suspected Enginish + Collider. I gave myself the choice between the two I chose Enginish. This was based completely off Sky’s suspicions.


So we now have (probably) a confirmed human or two, being Sky and possibly TA.

Outside of myself, of course. I think this actually works pretty strongly in my favor. Why would a wolf suddenly have the ability to kill a second target at night? Furthermore, my role doesn’t fit with the RP of the whole game. The wolves are actually chaos controlled, and are already serial killers.

I really hope martin didn’t give the wolves a role scanner…


As I replied to Abystander in a PM, I didn’t contact anybody with this triggered role. That was complete negligence on my account, I never even thought to do so. My mistake.

I’ve been *pretty* busy yesterday, I had a lot of stuff I needed to do class/school wise, so I didn’t get a chance up until now to post.


To bypass my killing someone, I’d imagine that TA could guard me or my target.


So that’s it, I hafta study before class.

1 Like

Yeah, @martindevans, you may want to consider extending the day/night phases, cause everybody’s playing IBS. :stuck_out_tongue:

Except me, I’m studying. :frowning:

1 Like

Not me, I’m over here addicted to factorio :confused:

Day Extended By 24 Hours

Day will end in 33 Hours

3 Likes

I’m playing the school work and sleep game :sweat_smile: the levels keep getting harder and the loot sucks…

3 Likes

Thanks for the extension Martin, I’ve been a little busy as well so it’s nice for some leniency.

I’m more than a little shocked by this revelation. With how quite things have been Ark had more than enough time to come forward with all this yet he waited until he was pressed. I’m very suspicious of the whole thing. Enginish was, in my opinion, the most human player here. Killing him severed a powerful node for organized human efforts.

That doesn’t really clear you at all. Martin’s post was actually really vague on the subject of the serial killing. For all we know your now the last wolf and that what triggered this double kill ability. I’d totally believe Martin would balance a game like that. While I’m on the topic of game balance, you could also be part of a third faction with your own win condition. That isn’t unprecedented either. What I do know is that this late in the game it’s crazy dangerous to be hemorrhaging two players a night. I am not convinced that Ark isn’t a wolf, let alone that he’s not an enormous risk factor for a human victory.

I feel the only responsible thing at the moment is to vote for Arkenbrien.

Well, I have some time, let’s spit something out…


Anybody notice that the fleet isn’t slowing down? It stopped when we killed Xamino.

Xamino was probably the head chaos sorcerer, or at least had something to do with the fleet delays.


Now to my defense of King_Cosmos.

Tackling the second bit:
I didn’t say martin’s posts were clear. My point was that the RP of the entire game doesn’t jive with my role, assuming if I’m a wolf. The wolves are agents of chaos, as gleaned from the opening RP. Also, by definition wolves are serial killers. To say that a wolf suddenly has the role of serial killer is ridiculous, the argument being in the title, not the role.

To have Sky, Myself, and most importantly Martin confirm that the role exist proves that I have the role. And to have Sky, completely unbeknownst to me, scan me to confirm, and able to correctly give my role with accuracy, proves his role, and by extension mine as well.

Tackling the first bit:
Midterm is tomorrow. I had/have a lot of studying to do, and have been doing so pretty much all week. I’m sorry I haven’t had the chance to formulate an elaborate plan. Had I thought of it, I’d probably get Sky to get involved. I would have asked TA to protect me or my target, and have Sky scan me. Boom, role revealed/confirmed without anybody dying. However, the rules said that I must kill somebody, and I didn’t think at the time that I had a choice. I didn’t trust Enginish, and neither did Sky (I sort of trusted him then, completely now) if I’m reading it correctly. So I chose him, end of story.


Later…

I know it’s probably not going to happen, but I’m going to vote for King Cosmos, because I don’t want to die because one guy voted for me, and the rest didn’t post. :persevere:

I find it suspicious that the role didn’t activate until after we lynched Xamino.

Arkenbrien

You can’t blame me for something I didn’t have any control over! :frowning: