Let’s say you are not making this up and there is another Inquisition Acolyte who’s identity you don’t want to share, surely you can give us the details of the role?
Martin didn’t want to give me any details on the role, except that I can spy on other players, given that we already have a role that is confirmed to be able to discover roles, I’m assuming that my role is the alignment seer role.
And taking all this into consideration, is there no better target than me, a human with a role that has the potential to help humans, why not focus on somebody without a role, you might be lynching a potentially vital player?
Also where would I have come up with the name Inquisition Acolyte, a crystal ball?
The role is quite novel and potentially very useful. Since I see no way the wolves could be aware of it or its details, and since much of its utility comes from this, I’ll hold off on details for now. Maybe sometime in the future.
This, I am genuinely confused about. The name I was given was Inquisitor’s Acolyte, and I think if Martin were to include two copies of a role he would at least keep the name perfectly consistent.
What I’m most suspicious of, though, is the fact that you haven’t asked for any elaboration on the capabilities of your role. You also forgot to use it (!!!) yesterday, and as I said, my forgiving forgetfulness lost the humans the game last time.
And @TerranAmbass can confirm that you did in fact know about this role before it was made public, specifically that TerranAmbass was told about the existence of this role by you before it was made public?
So it’s perfectly reasonable that if you are a wolf, you could have made up the conflict in an effort to get me lynched? Or maybe you are human and are being lied to by a wolf, or maybe you, Ark, your secret source and me are all humans. You might be blindly trusting your sources like last game where you were an honorary wolf…
You may notice I’m still, ah… Punishing myself over that one. It’s feasible I’m being lied to, just as it’s feasible that we’re all humans. I’m just noticing trickiness and calling it out as I see it.
At the end of the day a judgement call is always necessary.
Not until I hear more about your role, no. A refusal to elaborate on its capabilities doesn’t make any sense at all, and doesn’t sound like something our exalted GM would do. I see no way that the only thing you can know about your role is that it “spies on people”.
I may buy Enginish’s argument based on cyber “forgetting” to use his role (I’d like to hear a defense from @cybercritic), but he may have jumped on this too quickly. Enginish’s certainty that cyber is a wolf lends me to believe that he may be trying to deceive us. We need to sort out the timeline of when people revealed their roles.
@cybercritic says he revealed his role to ark 5 days ago. Can we see proof? Likewise, @Enginish , you should provide proof of your contact (although this doesn’t eliminate the possibility of a wolf lying to Enginish).
Furthermore, @Enginish, I don’t share your trust of this anonymous Inquisitor’s Acolyte , and your trust makes me suspicious. Do you trust him because he is a fellow wolf? Your confidence may be a false bastion to our ignorance.
I’m still not sure what to make of Martins supposed vague descriptions of the roles. I don’t think that more details from Enginish’s source would provide sufficient confidence. Details are easy to make up.
As for my forgetfulness, I can give you 5 different personal factors that played a role, but excuses are just excuses, I screwed up, should have PMd Martin as soon as I told Ark I was going to spy on Kreydis. My role is not time or use limited, so there is an opportunity to use it again tonight.
@abystander2 I can confirm that cyber contacted me when he said he did.
Until Enginish makes more sense of his of, as abystander puts it, anonymous Inquisitor’s Acolyte, then I’m going to vote for Enginish.
Furthermore, as this person, if he exists, hasn’t shown up, it is detrimental to the human cause. Everybody else has revealed their role. It is possible that some of these roles aren’t true, but more information that we have, the more possibilities for verification.
I’ll be off soon, but since my head is still on the line, gonna change my vote to Enginish, @King_Cosmos, can you review the situation, maybe cast a new vote based on what has come to light?