The Wolf Game - Day 7 Vampires Win!

Once Pendrokar enters the bar where King_Cosmos is located. King_Cosmos immediately accuses Pendrokar’s vote on him as misdirection.

Well that may be true, but now that you mention it, I can’t admit that I am in the wrong. Besides if we are talking about misdirection…

@TerranAmbass is this guard incompetence or sheer blasphemy? I had posted and voted, you also missed King_Cosmos vote on me.

Arkenbrien on the grounds he hasn’t posted yet.

Obviously I must remember to delegate more.

1 Like

Note found posted on the door of the Angry Buck

Hello my respectable patrons,

I am currently on a 6 hour ride from the mountains to my parents cottage. It will be another 2 hours until I reach my tavern and return on my own steed. I hope all is well in Eliseni.

-Tarvak Lightfoot

delivered by express messenger

Edit for grammar :blush:

2 Likes

“You what boy? So you accuse me? Bah, I wouldn’t kill that old fool Flavien. If I was one of them werewolves, I’d go for someone worth it. Don’t come knocking here again saying this. Whatevr ya smokin’ makes ya breath rotten and ya mind more so. Go away fool.”

I slammed the door shut and watched as he left. Eliseni was a quaint, calm town. Monster hunters? Vampires? HA! Never in my residence had I experienced them, and- My thoughts stopped as one memory slipped into my mind, reminding me what place Eliseni really was… Indeed a place for such things. there really was a werewolf out there - which I didn’t believe, then the calming boredom of Eliseni was about to come to an abrupt end. Swifter than the werewolves themselves. I had heard a traveller in a tavern once tell me of his encounter with one of them. Surely just a children’s story.

My home was a little, broken hut on the edge of Eliseni. There, I owned what little I had. My hunting gear, a bow and knife, and a possibly rusted sword from my earlier days as a guard. That was far before I’d come to Eliseni, and settled into years of tranquilizing boredom. Of course, my life was not as dull as the baker’s probably was - see, I was a hunter. I still enjoyed the motion of drawing my bow, that sound when the arrow slices through the air, burying itself deep into some poor, proud game. In my days of sword and shield and plate, I was fearless.

That night though, I slept with my sword in fear.

Well this grave is done, I might as well dig another for the person lynched tonight, cybercritic thought as he was climbing out of the shallow grave he just dug. He’s been digging shallow graves for years and there was a reason for it, it wasn’t that the ground was frosted as everyone believed, there was a much more practical reason. When a vampire rises he’s much less likely to be pissed at the undertaker after digging 3 feet with his bare hands than 6 feet.

Vote needs to be cast, they will lynch whoever does not cast one, this way nobody can say they are innocent and we all participate in the murder of the accused.

Arriving at the market square, smoking a cigarette, it looked like the decision was already made, some poor man called Arkenbrien, a man nobody knew nothing about was being called for an explanation and he had none. Cybercritic knew that a tie vote would lead to nobody being executed, yet this crowd wanted no such thing.

cybercritic spoke “Arkenbrien, I cast my vote on you, if you had explained where you have been and what you have done, things might have been different. You will get a proper burial.”

There is another grave that needs to be dug…

*Tarvak came around the bend from the northern road and looked upon his hometown with relief. Travel in the mountains had tired him and he was looking forward to a few pints and relaxing in his tavern. “What a nice life the owner of a bar lived,” he thought.

His horse, Oryia, was a beautiful mixture of white with black streaks, or maybe it was black with white streaks. Nobody knew for sure. Oryia’s breed and origin were a topic of debate amongst the small town that had nothing much to talk about between the rare traveler and vampires.

Tarvak chuckled as he himself started this debate years ago after traveling through a far away land where horselike creatures that were tanned black and white roamed the savannah. He had heard locals argue about the “zebrah” and decided he could use some entertainment in such a small town.

As he entered the western entrance he was promptly stopped and questioned.

"Who goes there? barked the guard standing post.

“It’s me, Tarvak. Doncha recognize me Addas? Ye spend ‘nuff time in the Angry Buck ye think we’d be brothers by now. What’s gottin’ inta ya?”, he asked.

“Sorry Tarvak, can’t be too cautious,” Addas replied. “There’s been murder at the inn. I suspect werewolves by the bite marks on the neck”

“Werewolves!?”

“Indeed.”

“Well arn’t we in for a long witch hunt then. Thanks for lettin’ me know. Any ideas on who dun it?”

Addas responded,“Nobody has seen Arkenbrien 'round. Some people think he did it n ran.”

Arkenbrien “That scoundrel! He always seemed a bit off te me. Well, let the town know that the Angry Buck will be open no matter the tragedy, and that there be a free round on the house due to the tragic news. Everyone loved Flavien, and he always brought the finest of coin. Even named ‘em after himself that egomaniac, always payin’ in flaviens but they was always worth their weight in gold!” replied Tarvak

After that Tarvak continued on to his Tavern and readied for a probable night of heavy drinkin’ and speculating.

1 Like

[quote]Addas watched the retreating form of the bartender for moment before a sigh escaped his lips.

Bloody hell, Tarvak. Popping up out the middle of nowhere like that, and at this time of day; you should know better.

The guard’s attention focused in the direction the other man had gone for a moment longer, and then he returned to his search, shield at the ready, knuckles not quite white on his pike.

Maybe he’d take Tarvak up on the drink when it was all over.

He’d need it.[/quote]

1 Like

[quote] Arkenbrien awoke.

Unwillingly, albeit, but he was alive. Wishing the opposite was true, he slowly straightened himself up from the corner of the bar. Stumbed back to the bar for some strong coffee.

What’s that commotion outside - Arkenbrien wondered as he sipped at his mug. The commotion grew louder as he finished his coffee. When he was finished, he turned and headed out the door.

THERE HE IS!!!

An angry-looking crowd was gathering around the bar door.

Arkenbrien, still not thinking clearly announced, YES, HERE I AM!!!

You sick man, have you no shame? What’s that thing on your back?!?

That? Oh, that’s my Hyper-Super-Awes…

Arkenbrien trailed off as to his right, he noticed the bulletin board.

RANDOM VISITOR MURDERED ESTEEMED GUEST

A line drawing of a drunken cloaked priest in a corner of a bar.

What?.. Wait, you have the wrong… I didn’t… You see…

The crowd’s eyebrows burrowed deeper.

Arkenbrien had to think quickly. Who was the victim anyways? No, better think of a cover story right now and blame somebody else. Wait, is that a guard? Not of my bloody order. It must be him.

I didn’t do it! It was that guard TerranAmbassador!

You dare insinuate our town guard?!?!

Oops, wrong move.

Yes! Yes it was! Guards, especially the ones with spikey pikes, would never be suspected for murder! He’s the perfect murderer!!!
[/quote]

1 Like

So as Arkenbrien is a random vote with a majority, I am not going to vote for him. Instead, I’ll go for someone completely else… but who? Well, someone who isn’t going to be killed because of it but something that can be used later in the game.

“I do not want to blame anyone specifically, but Pendrokar sure looks suspicious to me…”

Just for old time’s sake, nothing personal. :smiley:

EDIT: Vote removed.

We are living in a strange alternate world with swords, pikes and bows… and procedural mountain generation for space games :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hours passed.

Suddenly Valeriu grabs into nothingness. He ran out of logs to chop.

He lets out a big sigh, throws the hatchet into the base log and heads back to the street.

Even though he tried to get away from the tumult and don’t listen to the shouts, it was just that. Too loud to ignore. Darn people should have closed the window. He pushed open the wooden door to the bar. That old thing clearly wasn’t repaired the first time. He recognizes the pattern of a plank he just sold last week.

His presence was noted. Valerius old coat still dripping watter as if it just came out of a wash basin.
The mood was strange. Although they discussed who should be lynched in the next couple of hours and fear, distrust and anger was in the room they all were still sitting on one table. Drinking beverages and dropping one joke after another.

He sat with them. Ordered a Shumensko Druzba and engaged in the discuassion. After 20 odd minutes he said:

What I can’t understand is why you accuse a drunken guy, having overslept most of the day and the events. Him not showing up might be suspicious, true. But once he showed up his defense was measley. I know the beasts. They are strong, fierce and intelligent

I once was attacked in the middle of town by a man that was still nearly a kid, he threatened to kill me if I wouldn’t hand over my hard earned money. Needles to say he was from the big town. He wasn’t a danger for me ether but the incompetence of @TerranAmbass is getting greater by the week and I think that is intentional by him. I’m not a fool, I know this place is a favorite for dark figures on the run. But Werewolves are a danger not to just an individual but to us all!
I think TerranAmbassador corruption went to a whole new level. He bonded with the beasts. He believed to their lies. Now it’s too late, he’s one of them and uses his authority to deceive us all. Now the beasts know every corner of this place. We need to defend ourselves, without a corrupt guard helm further opening the doors to the rest of his wolf pack.
What did they promise you Terran? What made you sell your humanity and our safety? You can’t hide behind your authority forever.

Valeriu just hoped he made the right guess. He couldn’t just sit here and let innocents get slaughtered. Because he can clearly remember. Werewolves are scarry at night … but don’t feel save in the day, they’ll find a way.

%There was silence for a second, but the discussion raged on after that.%

Later …
%While sitting on the privy Valeriu pulled out a rectangular box out of his pocked. He turned a wheel on it for about 30 seconds …

Then he checked his e-mail on it. :slight_smile: %

New voting situation with who-voted-who info:


Arkenbrien - (6) by: TerranAmbass, lolsparta4, Enginish, Cise, cybercritic, Skyentist
Pendrokar - (2) by: King_Cosmos, xamino
TerranAmbass - (2) by: Arkenbrien, Lomsor
Krishna - (1) by: NobleBrutus
lolsparta4 - (1) by: LucasFIN
Enginish - (1) by: LyskTrevise
King_Cosmos - (1) by: Pendrokar

(correct me if I missed something)

Well, looks like Arkenbrien has six(ish) votes on him. Suspiciously high I think, and to me there are two scenarios to consider here.

  1. He’s not a wolf. Likely given the number of votes on him and the low probability of picking a wolf at random.

  2. He is a wolf, and the deflection onto Terran is an attempt to save him.

I don’t think 2 is likely, and the votes for Terran are a wise attempt to elicit more conversation.
I consider the evidence against both Arkenbrien and Terran to be weak at best, so I’ll switch my vote to someone who hopped on the Arkenbrien bandwagon.
However, it’s important to remember I’m suspicious of all of you. :smile:
Arkenbrien, if you have some juicy info you should consider spilling the beans. 6 votes is tough to come back from.
(Also, by Ark’s name you have 5 votes and 6 people, Lucas)

Cybercritic.

Fixed the number

You got it wrong @Enginish.

Best action for a wolf would be to hover around until a human kill is a vote short and gang bang anybody else if a wolf was close to execution. I count 14 votes and 17 of us in the game, so who has not cast a vote yet and why? My vote was cast on suspicion that @Arkenbrien has gone idle, have no idea of who could be a wolf at this stage, so if you have any other suggestions that I can actually vote for, please present.

For now I will switch my vote to you Enginish.

The reason for my vote on TA is my standard intro vote.

Can anybody guess why? :wink:

(hint: it involves newspapers and cudgels)

5 Likes

So, I don’t really have that strong of an opinion on anybody at the moment. I’m going to let my vote stand for now, but it doesnt really mean anything. My thoughts on the arkenbrien band wagon are this: someone has to die today for us to learn something, i dont know if arkenbrien is a human more than anyone else, but we still have yet to see votes from Krishna, Topperfalkon, and Mattk50, which bothers me because I think all three of them have posted before. Seems like they might be trying to avoid voting to not draw suspicions to themselves, i dont know.

Some votes have started to pile up on TerranAmbass, for some reason. Arkenbrien voted for Terran on RP reasons and past RP-fights, but I’m not really sure about Lomsor. Hes kind of disguised his vote behind RP, but im not sure if there is more to his reasoning than that.

1 Like

As the debate in the square raged on, Noble realised the crowd were beginning to turn upon Arkenbrien. “Are you all heathen?!” Noble bellowed, “What has this man done wrong except to wake up late? We are yet to hear of Krishna’s opinion, and as it says in the book of the almighty Antemera ‘When the good turn on themselves evil need not work it’s tricks’, speak up Krishna! Or forever answer for your sins…”

The gist of it is that I don’t trust TerranAmbassadors Authoritarian RP. Even if you don’t look at the RP it is still indirectly influencial. His RP shows how he’s tring to move things along. Paintig a positive image even if he could be a wolf as much as anyone. This gives me the feeling that its intentional. When Arken then answered the Bandwagon so weakly I had to vote for someone else.

Sure it isn’t a lot but it’s the first day after all. My gut also supports this theory :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like