Planning to make a post in the Personal Projects thread once I get the feedback from the competition, haven’t published the code, but here is a direct link if you wanna have a look.
I usually played Link, though I was only able to play on the occasional trip to my cousin’s house, and that was a loooong time ago. So I don’t have a lot of experience with the game, only that I loved playing it, and that I always wanted to have it.
I found another deal on ebay, and I got a 4-controller set up that came with melee.
Stuff like this happens and it’s been really amazing how it’s brought people together. I’ve started to name some of the Pokémon after my friends, and I wish I knew some of you a lot more so I knew what Pokémon to name after you guys.
I’m actually going on a date and placing some Pokémon lures around children’s hospitals and hospitals in general, so some of the sick patients who can’t walk can get chances to catch a few.
Don’t know if any of you here fish, but we just had an epic day for blue fin. The SoCal bite is going crazy right now and we ended up getting limits today.
Already had some of it for sushi and bluefin never gets old.
@kindred my friends play Pokemon but I feel like I spend enough time on my phone already. Plus I’ve been gone so much since it came out so I have not had a chance to get into it so I missed the hype.
I just saw the rest of Stranger Things. I’m not a big fan of traditional horror mainly because it’s the same gig over and over, but Stranger Things was like Goonies + Silent Hill classics. It really wasn’t frightening but the morbid and dark layer was just… f fantastic.
In other news, CRS-7 was like a real life KSP incident.
Any victories for anyone this week? Any neat things happening this month?
Aren’t we approaching the 1 year (hate to call it) anniversary of CRS-7, why is it news again?[quote=“Kindred, post:321, topic:536”]
Any victories for anyone this week?
[/quote]
I began working on a sim for a reentering falcon 9 and it’s going pretty well. I got the first couple pages of my report for it done as well so that’s nice. Just having some trouble figuring out where I want to go with it next. There’s quite a few options of things to look at…
Also, we are T-2 months to IAC which is the international astronomical convention where SpaceX is planning to announce their Mars architecture including BFR and MCT which is exciting.
BFR- Big Fu Falcon Rocket
MCT - Mars Colonial Transport
hehehe uuuhhhh it is not right now. It’s pretty low tech at this point and I wrote it in matlab since that’s really the only language I know well and it’s very easy to do data analysis in it. I could try to port it to python so it’s more accessible to everyone. I’ve only been working on it off and on for the last 2 weeks or so.
Right now it’s only 2-d and only factors in basic drag, atmospheric density, and varying gravity based on distance. I could put the source up on something like hastebin if you wanted to have a look anyways.
I do not have good memories of matlab from the few times I had to use it at university D:
Maybe consider porting it to work in Unity3D (so that means Javascript or C#)? That makes it easy to attach nice visualisations to, and to make it 3D later (and you can compile to the WebGL client and embed your simulation into a website, which is pretty cool).
I can certainly look into that though. Making it 3d isn’t too difficult with matlab…just add another variable to calculate and plot. After that you can rotate the figures/graphs any way you want, but again it requires matlab so it’s not very accessible to most. I’ve never created anything substantial coding-wise outside of matlab so a lot of that seems very daunting to me. I also had a nasty run-in with Javascript this last semester for a project and it was a nightmare. I had to have some friends help out because it’s completely foreign to me.
Ahh right that’s totally a different kind simulation to what I want thinking of! Obviously that’s the game developer in me making baseless assumptions - someone says simulation and I think of game engines xD
I’m after data so I can make a report that hopefully bolsters my resume for the next time I apply.
I guess it could be ported to a game engine, but I feel like that’s something unity or any other engine has already done? I don’t know, definitely not my realm of expertise.
sort of. I don’t know of any game engines that will give you accurate simulations of aerodynamics out of the box - most physics engines assume your games are all set in a hard vacuum.
On the other hand games have certainly been written with accurate aerodynamic simulations - xplane is probably the best example of that. Although these days Ferram Aerospace may actually be a better simulation!