The Random Thread

Yukikaze

It’s an Anime Futuristic Fighter Jet Thriller Short Series where Earth got attacked by aliens opening a portal. The humans managed to bring the fight to their planet.

Why I bring this up? Firstly it’s very well made and fun to watch even just because of the scenes, secondly because the alien planet is really well made to look alien.

It’s pretty much cinder without lava and a green atmosphere.

1 Like

Just finished watching it, and it felt a bit strange, almost as if early parts were missing. But the action scenes are pretty great, and justify watching it by themselves (as the rest of the show isn’t terrible or anything).

As far as air action scenes go, the best I’ve ever seen in the style may be Macross Zero. it is a prequel to the Macross (numerous) series, but it can be watched by itself - it may even work better on its own, in a way. The story is interesting, with great landscapes as backdrop.
But most importantly, it’s the only show I have ever seen where transformable mecha somehow seem to make sense as a military vehicle. The action scenes are that good.

Also

3 Likes

So, how hard can it be to destroy a hard disk anyway?

Well, why don’t you just use thermite then?

2 Likes

2001: Space Odissey is a masterpeace for many reasons, one of them being its iconic opening music.

Good thing they didn’t proceed with their initial choice, then.

Now, to wash your hears after … this, here is what happen when you switch famous musics between Major and Minor keys.

2 Likes

I was asked to necro something …

It’s a big necro …

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=130246

Edit: Moderators removed the necro and all folowing posts. :pensive: Oh well.

6 Likes

Is that from the egosoft forums?

1 Like

Yes. The name is also in the URL …

It didn’t change much in the last 10 years. :yum:

2 Likes

herpderp

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’ll just have to try again with a new thread then :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

Interesting comparison of browser usage.

3 Likes

This sounds like an interesting 2D to VR example …

Steam is teaming up with local ISPs in order to blast a pure stream of electrons through your face…

3 Likes

What’s up and what’s going on with everyone’s lives at the moment? How’s everyone’s weekend (or whenever you are reading this) going?

1 Like

I bid on a gamecube for 40 dollars on ebay, no bids on it yet, and it had less than 20 minutes left. I come back an hour later, and 4 other bidders had a last minute bidding war and it was gone. Somebody with 150k+ feedbacks got it. Who gets that many feedbacks without being some sort of reseller? It just annoys me, and now I’m sad and depressed.

I just want to play super smash bros, why you hurt me, ebay? :’(

1 Like

Melee was life for me a few years ago. I miss playing it daily…where did the time go!

Today I got back from a backpacking trip up to the Sierras…it was a 3 night trip and definitely a lot of fun. The lake was incredible! My view from my tent of the sunrise was unreal, and I tried to snap a few pictures but for whatever reason my 5:30 am dazed mind didn’t actually take any pictures even though I swear I did…

The best I have is a panorama just in front of our campsite which overlooks like the lake and valley where the sun would have risen.

9 Likes

4 player 99 lives super sudden death last man standing FFA FTW!!!

#RAAAAAAAAAA

2 Likes

I entered a local game jam this weekend, theme was basically player expression, decided to make a procedural tree generator game based on player life choices. Given the 48hr deadline and having a wife and kid around the house the ‘game’ is somewhat simple, but I’m pretty happy with the result.

Here is one of the possible procedural trees.

8 Likes

What were the preferred players? My college mates and I used to play Mario Kart and Brawl, Melee was a bit past its prime when we played. One of my closest friends in college did nothing but bully me as Pikachu. I enjoyed eating people as Kirby.

@Skyentist that’s a really neat picture, did you go out camping on the 4th weekend for fireworks? My friends and I used to do that back in Seattle, typically somewhere elevated on Mt. Rainier. This is the first year I couldn’t go because I was busy doing something else in California.

@cybercritic That’s really neat - do you have this project pasted somewhere on github or hastebin? Can one of us play it?

1 Like

Yoshi and Ness all the way. We had a gcube in our dorms so people would come over to play all the time.

For the 4th I was actually at a bachelor party, but still in Mammoth. I came home, switched out gear, and we hiked out the Wednesday after the 4th.

Since you’re here in CA, we hiked out of Big Pine up the 395. The Sierras are absolutely beautiful and I encourage you to take advantage of them while you’re here!