The Random Thread

https://www.gog.com/game/disney_aladdin
Keith Newton game http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,79171/

1 Like

I’m not sure how that credit got into my moby games bio, must’ve been some other Keith Newton, but I was in elementary school when that game was released lol. In fact I seem to recall playing it on my genesis.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Realtime Volumetric Clouds for Autodesk’s Stingray game-engine:

https://vimeo.com/176699598

http://bitsquid.blogspot.nl

2 Likes

1 Like

So… Those cookies, I see now that I left you hanging.

Made great… Müsli.

Don’t bake with walnut oil when trying to make a sugar crystalline cookie. The temperature of the dough mix required to melt the suger rises. Don’t know were the new threshold went to, but the old 10m at 200degrees with butter did not work, it stayed a good 30min and only achieve getting a tad burnt.

I can totally see it working making a soft cookie, or bread/muffin stuff. But I can not see it working with this kind of hard cookie.

1 Like


yesterday talk with dev to reduce price. he reduce wow.

1 Like

ā€œjoy to the worldā€ sounds better in a minor key.

1 Like

Splendid video about game design. Its not just the about one game (the Thief) as it might seem.
Well worth a watch.

Quoting the original because magic happened. I was browsing through google’s cloud to get images for another post I’m putting together and I found the sunrise pictures! I have no idea why they don’t show up on my phone, or how I didn’t see them earlier, but I’m not going to question it.

The valley we came through

Imgur

Photo of the lake from above: In this photo, you can just barely make our the orange of a hammock at our campsite. It’s right behind the penninsula that’s half blocked by a tree on the left half of the lake. You’ll have to zoom to see it. I don’t have the originals(for reasons above) so sorry for that shitty quality.

Imgur

Suddenly, a wild Sun appears!

Imgur

Edit: I figured it out! My phone’s time got really screwed up after being on airplane mode for a few days and actually died between takign some of those pictures. For whatever reason, the phone thought it was june 3rd/4th when it was more like July 5th/6th ish, but those photos are farther back than when they were actually taken so I didn’t see them when I looked where they should be.

6 Likes

(source)

3 Likes

no I do not know, but I figured it’s sarcasm.

Puppy update! :dog2: :smiley:

She weighs in at 37.1 pounds, effectively doubling her weight since we first weighed her in May.

So far she seems like a Newfoundland, but she may end up being a lightly smaller one, based on growth patterns I’ve seen online. The average female Newfie is about 100 pounds (male about 120). So in a year, my guess is about 80-90,

Of course, as long as she’s poofy, her weight isn’t of much concern. Fluffy FTW.

Also, getting this picture was really hard, because she does not sit still and the camera is terrible with moving targets. :wink:

3 Likes

She’s gorgeous! Name?

I’ve got a black lab who was allegedly a purebred but he’s got husky or shepard in him. He’s turning 13 next month! Old man has a beard now.

Meet Koda! We got him right around brother bear came out if you’re wondering…

2 Likes

Apparently cats are breathing inward when they purr. I didn’t know that.

1 Like

He’s a cutie! :smiley: Congrats on 13 years!

Can’t believe I didn’t mention the puppy’s name. Her name is … wait for it… Pepper. Nothing special. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ll give him a belly rub for you :stuck_out_tongue: In fact not 3 days ago he caught a sparrow in the back yard. Caught me completely offguard…I had to pry it out of his jaws. He’s always been a crazy one.

Pepper is great! Lots of good puns to be made in her future. She looks like she’s got some pep in that shot too :wink:

1 Like

@Skyentist that’s a great sunset picture. You’ve gone and made me want to post my nature pictures now.

Forewarning: Long post. Probably isn’t going to be meaningful.

I’ve been absent for a while because I’ve been really busy. I figured since the few of you are posting photos/photo dumps, and how much I love seeing other people’s passions/adventures/dogs/cool stuff, I figured to contribute.

Lots of these are going to be nature related. Like @Skyentist, I’m a nature-lover. Mainly because I was raised out in the woods for ~10 years (quite literally out in the woods). Since I have moved back to California I visit my Dad often and I grab photos of my… I guess it’s not my yard? We have a fair amount of acreage so it’s just … I guess… the acreage. When the sun sets the sun beams can get ridiculously pretty, and I grabbed a few. (pictures)

Earlier this month I went to DEF Con. I got to participate in a lot of contests this year. Didn’t really win anything because I was a one person army. We got to take apart a rental car; ripped up and dismantled the dashboard, hooked up the mess of wires and downloaded code that the car runs. Few pictures of Las Vegas, being in the lofts, and some neato stuff they built. There’s a lot of cool videos of DEF Con talks if any of you are interested. (pictures)

I went on a mini-vacation to Bodega Bay I favor the northern beaches more than the southern, mainly because I like things with a lot of moodiness and maybe a bit of difficulty climbing. ;p (pictures)

I also went to Seattle to visit my friends again. Got some pictures of the farm we all camped out/partied at. The location was in Snohomish. This area is mainly farmland. They have sprinklers with manuer in them (we jokingly call them shit sprinklers) and huge stretches of fields with vintage barns and homes. Because of the expansive and beautiful landscape and lack of any civilization, a lot of hang gliding, hot air balloon rides, and skydiving is involved. (pictures)

I got sent to San Diego for a time for work. Took several beautiful pictures of the southern beach. (pictures)

That’s been my past ~2 months give or take. There’s some more projects but there’s no pretty pictures to go with it, It’s just me excitedly writing paragraphs about learning algos for AIs, my space app I’m working on, some red team tactics, and just programming in general because I’m a nerd. I’m relieved September is here so I don’t move for several weeks.

Enjoy the photos guys.

4 Likes