The Kickstarter has begun! Pledge now and spread the word!

I think we need to take a moment to appreciate just how gorgeous this page is:

https://inovaestudios.com/Battlescape

1 Like

I just pledged showing appreciation to a beautiful game and can’t wait to play this baby!

3 Likes

I agree with this. It would give people a better idea of what INS means by 1:1 scale. Especially if they include a scale bar in km :smiley:

1 Like

We will host as many servers as we can and it’ll be up to players to host additional servers. Player hosted ā€œverifiedā€ servers will show up in our server browser.

1 Like

Wait for it … wait for it … WAIT …

Woo-hoo!
You are now an official backer of Infinity: Battlescape.

:smiley: GOGOGOGOGO :smiley:

congratz , i will enjoy the game yes , but that game engine , Magnificent !!!

KEEP IT UP !!!
note:. cant create an acc in the https://inovaestudios.com/Battlescape , or is it the same as this acc to post here ?

I think I-Novae accounts are and will be universal, so you can use the same account to log on to the forums, the game, the virtual marketplace, etc. I think that’s why you can login through the inovae front page before accessing the forums.

OK, so if Infinity is very popular then people might find the official servers are full, and they’d have to host their own game (they’ll need a large upload speed - sadly not so common), or find someone else doing the same (hopefully with a good internet connection!).

There are a lot of hosters specialized in gaming too, that’s never been a problem in most of Online games to find a server to play on.

@Cyc
I haven’t had such good experiences (admittedly a few years ago), when I used to play Source-based multiplayer games. Occasionally you could find a decent host, but often not (all the low-ping ones being full), so I’d end-up having to pick a server in say Russia (which is very far from me), and put up with a poor ping. And any server that someone was running themselves was ALWAYS horribly laggy.

I’m reaching out to a couple youtubers that I watch that might be interested so hopefully something comes out of that as well.

@cybercritic
How’s this for worrying:


:frowning:

I know about it, keep refreshing kicktraq… :frowning:

I think you’re over-expecting the daily amount.
I’ll start worrying after seeing the figures after the end of the month, and most importantly when nearing the end of the kickstarter.

Keith has nailed some of the points: Ideas for the Kickstarter

So yeah, no need to worry yet… but one can still be concerned about it. Try to spread the word best as you can. Reaching the minimum goal is not bad, but going above is good (and for 1M that would be excellent ^^).

1 Like

Ok guys, you should stop looking at Kicktraq, it’s not going to give you an accurate estimate until more data has been collected, and even then it doesn’t take all events during the campaign into account.

Also, that amount is more than double our minimum funding goal still. Please try not to panic, we’re still here and still working to succeed. The best way you can help is to continue to spread the word, and correct any misinformation about the project.

6 Likes

Exactly! It’s only been what, three days? Ok it may not be what we hoped for but we have time.

If we had three days left and it was like this then that would be a cause for concern but we don’t so worry not! :wink:

And keep the panic out of the public sphere. It’s bad press imo. If you absolutely need to panic use Discord for it maybe? :wink:

1 Like

Or scream into a pillow, I hear that helps :wink:

1 Like

@Hutchings
You apparently didn’t look at the page I linked to, and just assumed I was talking about the estimated final amount. I was NOT. The page I linked to shows how-many/amount-of pledges there have been each day, and it’s dropped exponentially every day. Pretty much as I expected from my earlier reading of Kickstarter comments (see earlier post).

BTW, Kicktraq’s estimated final amount is (IMHO) wildly inaccurate. With the current pledge drop-off, I’m worried that you’ll even manage to make it to your minimum funding goal (unless you manage to get lots of new blood from your PR initiatives - something I’m still crossing my fingers on, but I’m posting here to emphasis how important that is).

1 Like

Yes there have been a big drop, but only starting a few hours ago:

http://sidekick.epfl.ch/campaign/995551135-infinity-battlescape

Until then it was going … ok … with just a small drop.

In the end we are, still, not long enough in the campaign to see how it plays out. But it allows to see us, if the actions we take have any effect.

What would really help would to know the total amount of unique views to the total amount of pledges, that would give as a real estimated of the quality of the Kickstarter at the moment.

1 Like

I think those stats are available to the devs, but not really sure how useful they are if there is nothing to compare against. Maybe @INovaeFlavien could give us some insight without dumping raw data?