The Kickstarter has begun! Pledge now and spread the word!

[quote=“Lomsor, post:180, topic:1111”]
Yes there have been a big drop, but only starting a few hours ago:[/quote]
Sorry to be rude, but what on earth are you talking about? Your graph is of how a PREDICTION has changed over time (and those predictions are near useless when you have highly non-linear pledging). The page I linked to is actual pledges over time.

I’m talking about the Pledge graph, not the prediction, which is also, but not exclusively, fed by the pledge data.

Kicktraq doesn’t show enough tracking this early. I posted a graph that does. When you go to the Sidekick site you can hover over the image and get the pledge amount for every hour. That’s the data I wanted to share here and based on that data I made an assumption.

Today, I’ve had 5 of my steam friends/contacts reply to me this morning (Sat 24th GMT) saying they have now pledged. And one person from a post I made on the STEAM Greenlight game ‘Routine’ thread I was replying to. here:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/92985806/483368526568400765/#c483368526576886395

Routine

Its not a massive impact. I continue to try. Sat late PM and Sunday might be a good day.

2 Likes

You’re better off contacting the dev team directly at contact@inovaestudios.com, Sean. I believe that they are currently inundated with emails and comments so, they may just miss a request like this in a random thread. At least, on the dedicated email address, it’s going to the right place.

Attempting to answer the question itself, I don’t think there would be any issue with your request anyways as any publicity is welcome. But, don’t take my word for that aofc! xD

Speaking of which, one of the first things INS should do after the KS succeeds is get in touch with the big game hosting companies like Multiplay and work with them on the server software so that they can support hosted servers by the time the game launches.

@Lomsor
Sorry, I overlooked that… but from my POV it just shows the same thing that the Kicktraq page I linked to shows, albeit in a different way & with finer granularity (however I don’t see that better granularity helps). If you cumulatively add-up the daily pledges from the Kicktraq page, it will produce the graph you showed (except per day rather than per hour).

They both show the same thing, which is that pledges have slowed to a trickle. They MIGHT increase again, especially if media coverage increases - certainly I hope so. However at the current time it looks VERY different to the daily pledging that (for example) the successful Everspace saw:

(It’s daily pledges never dropped below 1/3 of the average pledging needed to succeed. We still need to see today’s total for Infinity, but it needs to average 10k per day, so shouldn’t drop below 3.3k per day to be comparable to Everspace. Fingers crossed!)

I will add that, having done the above calculation, things aren’t (yet) bad. It could easily still get (barely) funded, but smashing any stretch goals currently looks unlikely (IMHO - and pending any PR/media boost).

1 Like

That would be ok if we had more days allready. With this few points it’s hard to try to see a patern, more points help with that.

Ha, I finally found some time to pledge. Next time you start a Kickstarter-campaign, don’t do it just one day after my first child was born. It took me nearly one week for even having a look at the KS page ;] Tz… brilliant planning…

No. It’s really cool that it started now after so many years! I wish you the best luck!

11 Likes

This was just shared on Youtube!

2 Likes

Many people have been telling you that you’re doing it wrong and you’re pushing it far too back.
I started folowing this over 8 years ago, and what you have shown then and now is not a big difference.

I’m sure that you’ve done lots of behind the scenes stuff, but from a consumers perspective - its the same shit, but only 8 years too late.

Don’t you read the comments what people write now? 10 years in the making vaporware? And you are transparent that you don’t give a crap for the small game you’re trying to build, because its only to boost your resume, to try and get good clients for your engine. Your plan is not building a game, its merely a tool to fund yourself to become the next unreal engine. And what do the players get? A potential 10 year down the road game by another studio, on your engine? Pff

Why announce a minigame, who will pledge for a minigame? Thats right 100-200k$ worth of people.

Who will pledge for a huge space sim, which technically is backable by your engine? 100million worth of people (star citizen did that without having anything to show).

It is pathetic to be an engine-building-oriented company and relying on kickstarter years later to fund your vacations.

Some other people with proc. gen engines, such as this guy - http://procworld.blogspot.ca/ just score big time clients such as sony. If what you’re doing is really that great, why does nobody care?

Now, are you still looking for full-stack web developers to join you for free? :sweat:

I feel sorry for all the fans losing time for years. At least I made a 8 year break.

/out

Why do you care? It’s as if your time is as valuable as the whole team’s time, as if you actually invested money in the project. Honestly, why do people get so passionate about something that practically doesn’t exist? *yet

1 Like

Its a good question. How about you?

how about me?

That’s a rather hostile take on 10 years of part-time effort. This is not to fund their vacation. This is to fund their full-time wages to work on the game they want to make which can then lead them to developing their MMO goals.

2 Likes

Guess again. They do not plan to make any MMO, those were the plans years ago, now they are pushing their engine.

In any case, don’t tell that to me, tell that to the world, which does not and will not back this, unfortunately.

Of course they are pushing their engine. Why do you think Crytek made Far Cry?
They have said repeatedly they want to make an MMO AFTER Battlescape is made AND ONLY IF that gives them enough income.

You language is very bitter, so I’m just trying to understand why you are making these blanket statements.

1 Like

why would i post it in the fanboy section :smiley:

So you are trolling then?

It’s because he thinks that just because he’s occasionally checked some updates on this game over the past decade, that the studio has an obligation to make the complete game that he wants, impossible as it is. Eve Online is a game of similar scope to the original dream of the mmo, yes? Well many aspects of that game are certainly less fleshed out than what the infinity mmo hoped to be. How many people worked full time on Eve in 2003? How about now? A studio of dozens, surely. Inovae is no such thing and never has been. The vision of an mmo came about with Flavien himself, and he had a day job. Even now, there’s not enough.

1 Like

Not sure if you’re expecting an answer from INovae here…

What was done 8 years ago was the work of a lone man in his garage, almost. I don’t see how would that have been crowd-funded, even with the big enthusiam at the time.

However, it is true that they might have done the KS something like a year ago, when SC and ED were a thing a people were not yet disenchanted with the space sim genre (or more precisely, with games not really delivering what was promised during KS).
They decided to strive for an excellent demo. We’ll see I guess if that strategy pays off.

About SC: the huge difference is that the project, though with only a few things (outside CGI) to show, had a grand name to show off.
Yes, they got much more than anticipated from the KS, but their genius was the marketing. Continuing ship selling as a “crowd-funding”. Cultivating the hype. Advertisement.

Again, what material are you basing yourself on to make that assumption?
From the (french) interview with Flavien I’ve heard, yes, licencing the engine will prove useful to get to his dream of space MMO. I:B is already quite ambitious and only the first step, very necessary when trying to make seamless planteray transitions. See how ED and SC are struggling now with their current engine. And there’s no way of telling if this goal will be achieved during next year by them.

Yeah, Sony and other big editors try to get their paws wherever they can. Difference is, the kind of proc. engin you’re describing can fit in the new gen of consoles. Maybe after optimization, INovae’s engine will also, that’s a far stretch for now.