For those who care, the above still applies. KSP1.1 has been due to arrive anyway week now for… several months 
Kerbal Space Program Blog
This is the official Kerbal Space Program blog. Here all of us KSP devs will be posting news and...
For those who care, the above still applies. KSP1.1 has been due to arrive anyway week now for… several months 
It only recently went into QA testing. 
Bet you a like it’ll be out before the prototype.
*Well… balls.
Gonna be sad when all my addons stop working. Hopefully at least part packs are still compatible.
Considering it was only November last year they released 1.05, this hasn’t been very long.
Many of their major alpha and beta updates took months to come to fruition so it’s not surprising that an engine upgrade, multithreaded physics, AND 64bit support is causing them difficulty.
I guess that came off sounding a little more annoyed/angry than I really am! It’s been frustrating just because 1.0.5 wasn’t initially meant to happen - that was meant to be 1.1! However they pulled out some 1.1 features and called it 1.0.5 because the big 1.1 changes (UI rewrite, complete physics engine change, 64 bit support etc) turned out to be harder than expected.
I’m a game developer myself, so I totally sympathise with Squad here!
DMP has been updated recently.
“It’s about how it always has been, but it needed the recompile against 1.0.5”
Has that made the sever more stable?
I’m looking forward to join as soon as it is possible again 
I haven’t done anything with the server for a long time. I was just going to wait for the 1.1 release before rebuilding the whole thing with a new set of mods etc.
I think the main stability issues people were having were due to high memory usage, which 64 bit support should fix.
Das Valdez interviewed ULA CEO Tory Bruno on his stream. You can check out the VOD here: http://www.twitch.tv/dasvaldez/v/53247671. Apparently the VOD got extended from just the hour to seven hours, so the interview starts about two hours in.
In the stream they announced that ULA is working with Squad to create an official ULA mod pack, which should include at least Vulcan with BE-4 engines and SRBs and a configurable ACES with RL-10C engines.
At long last, the update is here! Is the server going to be revived, @martindevans?
This is the official Kerbal Space Program blog. Here all of us KSP devs will be posting news and...
Yes! I’ll probably wait a couple of weeks to give mods some time to catch up, although most of them are already doing pretty well thanks to the long public test period.
Can we rediscuss what mods will be included? I feel that some of that were definitely a miss like the persistent rotation mod for example.
I guess 64bit solves a lot of the issues involved in the high partcount packs so what sort of mods would everyone want?
I’d say navyfishes docking alignment indicator, KER, and EVE is necessary for me, but I think that’s clientside mostly and not necessary for others to install?
Can we rediscuss what mods will be included?
Definitely! The last mod pack was a little… rough around the edges >_>
For this time I was thinking much more basic in terms on gameplay changing mods, but of course we can have more part packs.
I think that’s clientside mostly and not necessary for others to install?
I don’t remember the details of how you configure servers, but I think by default everything is blacklisted (even clientside, to prevent cheaty mods) but I can add a whitelist for certain client side mods. Obviously I can add pretty much anything anyone requests to that kind of whitelist.
The last mod pack was a little… rough around the edges >_>
That’s exactly why I asked:p
I’ll have some time this weekend to research some mods so I’ll have make a list of stuff ranging from what I prefer to be necessary to optional by then…hopefully. I’ve been only a stock only kick lately to push my creativity so it won’t be large promise!
One thing we should consider is what game mode we want to play? Personally I prefer science over sandbox, and hate career mode. Opinions?
Edit: It’s not a problem if we vote for e.g. career. I can always give players huge amounts of money/science from the server console to effectively opt them out of things they don’t like.
Can we please go with these again, with the bold ones a must have?
- kOS
- RemoteTech
- Infernal Robotics
- MechJeb2
- Kerbal Engineer
- TweakScale
Are FAR and deadly reentry not considered mandatory anymore? Been awhile since I’ve played.
Here you go, in summary since KPS 1.0 it’s as good as old FAR, no real need for it.
5 votes and 4 comments so far on Reddit
I would still prefer to include FAR - I quite like building racing planes and FAR makes that a lot more challenging! In general, FAR still does quite a lot which stock doesn’t, here’s a summary from the man himself.
Can we please go with these again.
Those are all fine 
First test flights completed - all kerbals involved died - test successful
Result: Looks like I really need to start using heat shields - don’t know if this is because of FAR or something else 
Tested Mods:
kOS
RemoteTech
MechJeb2
Kerbal Engineer
Not tested because there was no 1.1 ready mod on CKAN:
Infernal Robotics, TweakScale and deadly reentry
I have installed DarkMultiplayer too and it didn’t crash the game.
But I have no server to connect to yet so that doesn’t say much.
Dark Multiplayer for 1.1 still has release status: development
What about procedural fairings? I prefer to be able to launch things that are properly contained, when possible