The Kerbal Space Program Thread!

Oh, science data transmission is not working due to some other problems, looks like some devs of the mod are working on it.

There are plenty of polar orbits that have a repeating ground pattern that would result in an incomplete map, and plenty more that would take ages to achieve total coverage.

There should be only one actually for a given inclination, the polar GEO that you asked about, all others would shift the ground pattern, some would take longer some shorter.

Anyone have any experience with USI Kolonisation? It looks intriguing… I’m trying to keep part mods to a minimum with the 1.0 update, but this looks like it might improve longer term goals for me. (Bear in mind I’m playing more on Sandbox than Career at the momemnt).

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79588-1-0-USI-Kolonization-Systems-(MKS-OKS)-(0-30-0)-2015-04-27

1 Like

ā€˜And then I went back to using asparagus and not caring about aerodynamics with the new one solution fits all stability pattern.’

Reverse fuelflow on outer stacks by blocking engines from fuel with decouplers.
Use girders to place tail-fin parts below starting center of mass.
Repeat on every rocket ever. :smile:

2 Likes

@martindevans, most of the mods have now been updated to KSP 1.0, any chance of getting the server up?

2 Likes

I’ll check out the mod situation again tomorrow and see if all the critical ones are available :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, way up the thread it looks like we decided we’d run with:

  • kOS
  • RemoteTech
  • Infernal Robotics
  • MechJeb2
  • Kerbal Engineer
  • TweakScale

It looks like these are now all compatible with 1.0 (although not necessarily on CKAN, so I’ll have to distribute a modpack). Any last minute additions before I put the server up in a few days?

1 Like

Those are all on ckan…

They’re on CKAN certainly, but are the CKAN versions all up to date? Several of the discussion threads for those mods mentioned the CKAN version being a little out of date while they worked on 1.0 compatibility.

Something I forgot to say above: does anyone want FAR? Personally I’m a bit disappointed with the 1.0 aerodynamics and I’d like to include FAR.

I’m using those exact mods for my carrier mode, they all work, the worst I have seen regarding errors is some overlapping icons.

Alright that’s pretty convincing! We’ll go with CKAN :smile:

I’d like to point out that if CKAN picks them up, then they are(usually) the most up to date version for the corresponding ksp version. We’re using 1.02 right? I’ve got finals week this week, then I’ve got to move, and then I might actually be able to participate over the summer.

I’ve been able to spend an hour or so testing the new aerodynamics. They’re okay, I’ve been watching the FAR thread and it seems nuFAR is supposed to be pretty cool so I’m okay with that.

As far as mods to use. Those seem perfectly fine, the infernal robotics includes the model reworks yes? My only other suggestions are adjustable landing gear and SCANsat. Maybe persistent rotation? I haven’t used it, but it eliminates the timewarp to stop rotation cheat, and would allow some cool artificial gravity sections of stations when coupled with docking washers from IR.

we using regular kOS or classic?

@Skyentist all the mods you mention are light on parts, so I don’t see a problem including them :slight_smile:

@Japa what’s the difference and which do you prefer?

I haven’t actually used either, so I can’t make a judgement :smile:
But basically the classic one doesn’t have resizable windows or seperate editor windows and stuff.

Let’s go with the regular then. :smile:

I’ve been using it for deploying parachutes, solar panels, comms, orientation after power loss, deorbit, small stuff like that. Actually wish that it was multi-threaded…

The server is up! The CKAN file is here, hopefully that will get everything setup properly.

I managed to lose the whitelist in the upgrade process, I think I’ve added everyone who has posted here but give me a poke by PM or in this thread if not.

Would like to take some cylinders to the skies too: Lomsor

@Lomsor Added :slight_smile: