Uh, really? Coutts is a rather exclusive bank. They don’t give out money to just anyone.
Yeah, well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man. Thanks for expressing it.
The fact that you think, that delusional doxxing DS. Who is blacked-balled from the industry, who’s also harassed developers and their families/childern. Has any insider information around CIG at this point, speaks volumes about you’re character. Glad that you don’t like CIG or SC anymore. Happy you got a refund it leaves one less clueless person amongst the community, wish more did the same… God knows there’s a lot of folks that shouldn’t have ever backed in the first place.
It’s still funny though that you really think DS has information about SC… hahahaha. The guy that has a vendetta against CR, he has no sources, he gets his FUD from goons and people that set him up to fail and his sycophants (like you) eat it up without fact checking (right now he’s having a meltdown).
Talk about confirmation bias on your end. I mean you couldn’t expose yourself any more, given your clear lack of knowledge, when it come to loans and you’re friend has no idea about how banks work either, if you think that loan was some-type of sign of the end times.
You brought FUD whole sale and don’t want to face up to the facts. Because you feel like a victim.
Yes the thought of not being able to get a refund had me quite stressed for most of 2017, and feeling like a victim somewhat for believing in CR for so long whilst continuing to purchase ships, accessories and other physical items. But now I am happily refunded. And can watch the project from the outside, until maybe sometime in beta or near release when and if the game can deliver on its original promises. It should be worth buying back into then.
said the one that made an account only to harass the ones that doesn’t conform to the creed.
I will make like you do to everyone that dare to criticize SC:
is that you Chris?
Can we not do the ad hominem route again please?
Keep it civil guys.
@TeddIdle people can be sceptical of a project they’ve backed, that’s actually fairly healthy as it means that backers (who are essentially investors) are holding the developer(s) to account for the campaign promises they make.
The backers are part of the problem with SC, as they wrote CR a blank cheque to expand the game’s scope and thereby introduce delay after delay. Derek Smart hooked into that scepticism early, but unfortunately thanks to his combative nature he’s made that argument rather poisonous. On the other hand, people tend to forget that Smart does have experience in this field, and has made (or attempted) similar games in the past.
The cringe is real
.

Skepticism is healthy. In general its good to let ideas simmer before jumping on any bandwagons, whether thats the fan’s or detractort’s bandwagon
One such idea i’ve had simmering for some time is smart’s experience in the field, it’s this:
I would argue his experience in the field is more of an example of why not to take his views into account.
Finally. You are man.
That video! Those physics (or lack of)!
I properly chuckled at how terrible that flying was, especially when it flew backwards. And thank God for simple things like gravity.
Makes me appreciate Infinity’s Newtonian flight all the more!
Thank you for providing me with my evening entertainment!
the worst space battle I have ever seen:
I’m still not eating my words after seeing CR on stage. Big game production is not easy I get that. But if they cannot release a proper vertical slice of the game by now, then it is not a good sign. 1
It’s alright, we all eat our words once in a while. I for one had to after the first 2 years of SC. The presentation really was a shit show and my jaw dropped; I knew SC was going to crash and burn sooner or later but that presentation really brought it home. Sure glad I got a refund!
I’m a little confused. Did they ever show anything worthwhile, or am I still glad I got my refund?
You are glad you got your refund. 

In fairness, I didn’t say he got any better at what he’s been attempting since the '90s
Smart’s main issue is the complete inability to handle criticism, so he can’t learn from his mistakes (unless he recognises them himself). If he could actually manage that, he might have managed to make a good game.
The problem with SC though is that it’s attracted a fairly large following of zealous fanboys who are far too invested in the product to detach themselves from it and assess it critically. To an extent Smart is capable of this, but the SC fanbase has the same problem he does about his own games, so it doesn’t actually do any good.
To be honest from what I’ve seen DS is a massive idiot and the amount of irony in him criticising other game developers for anything they happen to do is ridiculous, given his history of making games. And I kinda wish people stopped referencing him when they want to point out problems about SC. Mentioning DS degrades any sort of argument you could make to begin with.
Apart from any of that however, I don’t really see how they are going to turn the current blob of features into a game that is actually fun to play. I’m curious, could maybe someone who’s a fan describe a gameplay scenario you are expecting the game to deliver? Because with the amount of people on the hype train I can’t help but wonder sometimes that what if the whole thing is just going over my head.
While watching the presentation I found myself asking “Why are they showing this?” I’m not sure how the presentation will translate to gameplay. Is the presentation representative of the final gameplay in any way? Is it a multiplayer campaign? Is this representative of the MMO gameworld? How does the scripted presentation translate to the actual game?
I felt they should have showed actual gameplay over a scripted cinematic storyline. A lot of things definitely look pretty though.
Edit: It lends itself well to a single or multiplayer campaign though, so long as the story is well written.
This should be the first line of every article ever written about a new computer game.
Actually CR is cut from the same clothe. He hates criticism and the long list of those banned from SC forums is testament to that. What’s more the zealous fanboys are symptomatic of CR’s inability to accept criticism - they are not the root cause when CIG’s policy since nearly the beginning has been to quash decent and even encourage fanboys to attack. CIG is in the enviable position of manipulating the community to actually believe they have one. But we now see the long term ramification of this and the writing is now on the wall. As for DS, I still highly value his input; he has proven to be more right than wrong.