Roberts Space Industries - Star Citizen

What does that have to do with current playable content?

Everything ? Item 1.0, Physics, Cry Engine changes, animations base, 64bit precision, design pipelines, etc…

And the same on 3.0 with 2.0 updates…

I’m a concierge level backer, who has privileged PTU access.

Tested what they call a flight model with every update,

1 Like

Not in the current pre-alpha.

2.6 may or may not make it to live this year. 3.0, definitely not.

1 Like

This isnt congruent with your comment about there not being a game. Are you just here to shitpost or do you have a coherent view of some sort to voice?

1 Like

There is no released game and no alpha, alpha would mean that all the game mechanics, features and assets are in.

They are not, by a long shot.

In fact, they have a bug-ridden, tech demo, thus pre-alpha. Not released.

ED, for example is a released, game. Always expanding, but released and very playable game.

1 Like

The pre-alpha of SC is more interesting than ED for me. And did you realize that you claim things like if you were Chuck Norris ? Is there some SpaceJay facts I could laugh about ?

And why everybody comes on this thread to explain why “SC is shit, ED is the best game ever” … is this not an “ED fanboy” thing ? :smiley: OMG I’m arguing like Zen. What is wrong with me ?! :smiley:

Good for you.

1 Like

Never said that.

1 Like

I thought they had a few different tech-demos. Also don’t think Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Beta have agreed upon definitions anymore.

3 Likes

eh, i mean you’re redefining the word alpha but even if you weren’t there’s a playable if unfinished game right there right now whatever word you want to use for it.

Other than top speed which i already mentioned, how is SC’s flight model not in adherence with newtonian physics?

1 Like

I know, was kidding. But the ED comparison is something really frequently reached. Personally, the simple fact that there is no real EVA, and that their procedural planets are only non-atmospheric ones makes it less interesting than SC, even if in SC 3.0 is not available yet.

In fact, this is the same point that makes me less interested on I:B. It’s a great procedural tech, but without at least FPS EVA, I think it is such a terrible mess (I know it from the beginning and it didn’t stop me from helping on KS)

I agree. Every space game ever has been a terrible mess. We’ve all been lying to ourselves about space sims being fun all these years.
Surely no spaceflight game in history could have done without the ability to walk around and still be enjoyable.

It worked so well for No Man’s Sky, after all. Who are mere mortals we to argue with that level of popularity?

1 Like

Why this aggressive answer ?

It is a personal opinion. With such beautiful views INovae Engine is able to deliver, it’s for me heart-breaking to not be able to just walk through these landscapes. What attracted me at the very beginning was the idea to be an explorer on I:QFE. I am not a big fan of space shooters. Now, in I:B the only thing that I find attractive is the idea of BIG BATTLES WITH HUNDREDS OF PLAYERS :slight_smile:

This sounds cool :stuck_out_tongue:

But I hope it could be possible, like in movies, to arrive in an area like face-to-face with the hundreds of enemies just in front of you and the hundreds partners you’re with. It could be an awesome moment to start each battle, could be so epic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You got it all wrong! it’s passive aggressive. :wink:

And mostly because I don’t like the vast majority of FPS games so I’m rather biased on the matter.

1 Like

lol :wink:

I’m not fan of FPS too. Did you try Far Cry 3 ? this one worked for me and it opened me to FPS games that are not just shooters. Then DayZ SA helped me a lot too. And FPS mode will take a good advantage with VR.

I suggested at least FPS because it’s less work for the team.

Far Cry 3 was one of the OK ones, I’d have probably enjoyed the experience a little more if not for Uplay corrupting itself 5 times in the first week of getting it.

1 Like

It may be in adherence, but by a long stretch of the imagination. Newtonian, it ain’t.

What’s left of Cry-engines Cry-physics, maybe.

But I would not call its current state Newtonian.

There’s not enough popcorn in this world to eat while reading this thread ^^
Kudos to everyone who still posts new informations about SC when they’re made available via video/blog post etc.

7 Likes

It shouldnt be hard to cite counter examples of newtonian physics if there are any glaring issues. Just saying “but its cryengine” makes me think you dont understand what newtonian physics are, represent, or how they play.

1 Like