Here’s a link to the SC thread on the ED forums, for people who enjoy circular arguments: 
I’ve seen all of these arguments several times over and it leads nowhere. Taking sides on a subjective point of view is pointless. Infinity, Elite and Star Citizen all have their flaws.
You’re right. I take it back. You’re right about everything you said. Sorry to sound as if I was dissing or looking down on the game.
Couldn’t agree more. Even I-Novae has its faults. And I have to say I-Novae forums are pretty free of the obsessive compulsive fanboy rhetoric typical of other gaming forums. You know, the kind of silliness that ends up defending everything wrong about the game and nothing right. It actually is the antithesis of open honest dialogue and ends up hurting development more than helping it. I for one have criticized I-Novae, as everyone knows, but you don’t see I-Novae fanboys foaming at the mouth and relentlessly attacking because someone thinks the DEVs could have approached it differently. It’s truly one of a kind experience and the DEVs should be commended, as everyone else who supports I-Novae.
quickly hides torches and pitchforks
Hey @Naiba, is it this way to the party?
Ow! Watch where you put your pitchforck!
What? Why are you shushing me?
…
Oh, I see. Well, there’s a whole line behind me anyway…
![]()
lol
I like the fine detailing such as the MISC logo incorporated into the floors as grip.
The engines on that thigh are how high up relative to the center of mass?
I do wonder what will happen when it comes to making that ship flight ready.
I dunno, the atmosphere on the forums was pretty tense during the KS campaign
I dont really bother to scroll down because this topic must have been a repetitive topic I’ve seen in months.
Just commenting here to say I backed both I-Novae and Cloud Imperium Games. I came from South East Asia for god sake and got excited seeing space innovation games getting its pace back in this decade. So you’re all hyped and and live in the better continents of the world, why not support both.
I didn’t really bother reading this comment and although I have no way of knowing what it says, I’m going to assume it’s something mildly offensive to my sensibilities. 
[Quote]Latest update to the PTU had a bug - 500+ pirate ships spawned in the Yela asteroid belt. So bad news is that the frame rates dropped and its a bug. The good news is that the game did NOT crash. Thats right despite all the stuff now being displayed the server remained stable and did not crash. The people playing in the PTU were able (albeit looking at a slideshow) were able to stay online and move around.
So great news in that a bug has shown that it may be possible to have a lot more people in an instance than had thought possible. CIG had been aiming for 50-100 this could show us the way to that total being higher which would be absolute gold for everyone.[/quote]
Surely there’s a difference between having a load of NPC ships in an instance and a load of other players though.
I suspect that they’re drawing comfort from the fact that the client can survive having 500 ships in the vicinity. The scanners have to scan and not timeout or crash. The models need to be drawn. Memory needs to be managed. And so on. It survived, and that’s good software engineering (or lots of exception handling).
Certainly there’s a difference between sending updates about 510 ships to 10 clients versus sending updates about 510 ships to 510 clients.
Note that the clip shows the scanners trying to tag all those ships. It’s an iconic mess.
Sounds promising but I’m not going to hold my hopes on getting anything better than 50 ships per instance zone. Of all of the space combat games in recent history, there has never been a battle where there were more than a few dozen ships at once and those were intense enough as it is. Anything more and it’s time to GTFO. Especially when there is more risk involved than the usual single player games.
Yeah, npc ships definitely don’t reflect the serverside networking limit. The main issue people seemed to be having with the 50-100 limit was the client, and that runs at 2 fps with500, which isnt too bad considering
Looks like those Frankfurt guys are making progress on the procedural planets…(edit: planetoids to be specific)
I’m having flashbacks of the ME Mako missions 