Told them Procedural was the way to go and even pushed for it. Result: got trashed by the fanboys, while the moderators looked the other way. Go figure…lol
Nice, thx for spotting this, didnt have a look into the latest RSI videos yet.
Even Chris Roberts himself has admitted he didn’t consider it being part of the initial release, but then the ex-Crytek devs whipped up the prototype in a few weeks and so it got fast-tracked lol.
Yep…amazing what people can achieve when they put their minds to it - especially when they stop saying it ‘can’t be done’.
So, star citizen has procedurally generated planets now? Interesting.
To be specific they are doing “planetoids” right now. They seem to be specifically using that term which implies smaller rocky worlds. The tech might not allow for full-scale planets yet.
So I have been a backer of Star Citizen since way back but I have a habit of forgetting which projects I have backed after a while so can someone fill me in on the big amazing things that have happened in Star Citizen since late 2015?
Now this ship does appeal to me. MISC-Prospector - A big flying drill, with a seat!
I look forward to earning one in-game maybe in 2017>
They have come a LOOOONG way. I remember the first ships, especially the Super Hornet they made without considering size, which is why the pilot looked like a child just able to see over the sides of the cockpit. Yep, they really put together some nice ships since then. Of course they have their fair share of haphazard designs but no question…SC has secured itself a place among elite ship builders.
They seem to be moving in a somewhat right dirrection but to be honest I don’t think either Elite, Star Citizen nor Infinity has particulary good ship designs but at least Star Citizen ships have the fidellity.
It’s pretty staggering how many unfinished ships they already have. It appears whenever SC gets cash strapped they put out a new ship. Finishing by 2017 is a pipe dream - but don’t say it on forums or you will be dealt with. lol.
It’s a smart move IMO to model their ships after the RL car market. Generating new ships and designs will keep the market saturated with demand, thereby increasing the chance that players will buy more credits to fastrack purchasing the latest ship in the game post-release.
As sleazy as it sounds, it is exactly why their funding has had so much momentum.
Foundry 42 and a few other dedicated sections of CIG are basically a well-oiled ship-building factory now.
Elite ships look way more plausible than many of star citizen ships I have seen.
This was a good watch. First Review of the HCS ORION Voice Pack for Star Citizen
Can you see this working for Infinity: Battlescape in the future.
Although at the moment I do not have a gaming computer whilst I save up (2017) maybe, I decided to look at buying about 5-6 voice packs which will cover SC and ED just so I have them now at these prices. Tom Baker, & Paul Darrow (of course!), Bill Shatner, Brian Blessed. And maybe also a Kate Russel and Norman Lovett.
I was wondering if these can be adapted (in some way) to also work with I:B ? or if the I:B dev’s would eventually look at having their own (http://hcsvoicepacks.com) voice pack for the game. @INovaeKeith It certainly would would put you up there with SC and Ed for ship control.
I’m hopeless at mapping and remembering key bindings, so I bought voice attack when the guy first created it, but alas I no longer have a gaming rig so cannot use it for gaming. But plan to use my xbox pro controller or a HOTAS/Stick and use voice attack.
Also I’ll be using Roccat Power Grid on two tablets, one either side of me (on the sofa) mounted on armature brackets.
Using touch screens and voice attack with voice packs, and a controller or HOTAS… for me seems the best set up. I like the visual experience the touch screen tablets offer when styled to match the games (ED, SC, I:B) cockpit layout and colour scheme.
Eventually creating a couple of power-grid 7 and 10 inch tablet layouts for I:B in the style and colours of the cockpit. Maybe in time even working up different ships cockpit layouts, and changing with a voice command when using different I:B ships in-game.
Maybe also, using the ED Tracker for head movement. Pro, or DIY version.
Having an Infinity: Battlescape voice attack profile and voice pack… would be very nice.
Thoughts?
It’s so cute and tiny! 
600Km distant image made me smile. The whole planet must be smaller than most large islands 
Despite the small size of the planets, I must say credit should be given where credit is due. I’m impressed.
Also I really have been losing faith in Star Citizen’s development and this renews my hope.
That puts a smile on my face, a glimmer of hope for SC, even though it might cost another $100mil to finish. Some of those pictures are so damn pretty they need to be in this thread directly.
Looks nice, but reading those posts about 980 to reach 100 fps, I get the feeling that I need to upgrade my pc.
![]()
lol… 