Reddit AMA - Postponed until After KS Campaign

The space boner post was only successful because it was an intriguingly titled link for very good content. Unless the devs can show people something that they want to see, no meme is going to help them…
I think a good gameplay explanation video is something that would generate interest, I think the devs already have that lined up (mentioned in the KS update). I followed the campaign now for quite a while, but I think I haven’t fully understood what the devs are planning specifically for their gameplay (Keiths answers during the IAmA helped a lot though).

I work in a advertising agency as a web developer, we always tell our clients that “content is king”. And it really holds true everytime. Here a link on this topic: http://www.marketingdonut.co.uk/marketing/marketing-strategy/why-content-is-king-in-today-s-marketing

2 Likes

This reddit is a bloody mess…

I don’t understand, I can still see the reddit thread @Hutchings send earlier ?!?

The reddit threads technically stills exist, however they don’t show up when searching or looking at the front/new/rising page.

I’m not saying that the very good content isn’t key. I’m saying that the AMA could have been very good too. Sure the fail was something else there.

I’m just putting it forward that all the good content, like the Kickstarter, the screen shots, the upcoming cartoon/comics need to be advertised in multiple ways. The “New Infinity: Battlescape Kickstarter Concept Art” won’t do it alone. There also needs to be “Sick stuff you always wanted to do in a game”.

1 Like

I agree, but I’m afraid without new content its really an uphill climb (at least on reddit).

Unless you’ve been contacted directly by an admin, you can safely ignore the r/iama mods, who are buttheads. Do an AMA on r/pcgaming instead. Youll get closer to your target audience and the mods there arent buttheads.

2 Likes

ARK posted their AMA on /r/Gaming: here

Perhaps possible to post it there?

5 Likes

Going to be honest. The mods of r/gaming seemed to be much nicer then AMA, and they forwarded you guys to IAMA, so perhaps go back to them, explain the shitfest. And i’m 90% confident they’ll host it because that’s a load of ass. Because if we’re talking about things we HAVE Done, then what about the famous pile of trash Chris hansen who go on to talk about his upcoming but not actually coming show?

3 Likes

Reddit isn’t a monolithic community. Each subreddit (r/iama, r/gaming, r/games, etc) is its own community with their own moderators and rules. The rulings in one subreddit does not impact the others. I think it would be worthwhile to tray again in another subreddit, and make sure to get moderator approval before making the announcement.

[quote]Going to be honest. The mods of r/gaming seemed to be much nicer then
AMA, and they forwarded you guys to IAMA, so perhaps go back to them,
explain the shitfest…[/quote]
Rule 9 in /r/gaming says no kickstarter and reminder posts. I don’t know if that means no kickstarter-related posts period or just reminder posts.

1 Like

Every subreddit is a different website. Subreddits differ in pretty much everything, setup, moderators, community, content etc. They might all be on reddit.com, but that doesn’t mean anything. If you want to do an AMA on a different space game or gaming focused subreddit, you can try.

Make your own up and mod it your self? ’ already said no.

There’s already one /r/infinity

The only problem is that it won’t have anywhere near as much traffic as /r/iama/ or any of the other main subreddits.

2 Likes

doing an ama on r/iama misses the point, i feel. you’ll never hit a target audience there, r/iama is full of stuff unrelated to games and full of people who simple don’t care, plus a mod team that has a bad reputation. If you do one on something more relevant like on r/pcgaming. youll probably get more upvotes and also if it gets voted highly people on it will actually be interested.

raw traffic doesn’t matter, modern marketing as a whole is based on relevance to the reader.

2 Likes

r/gaming so far seems to be the most receptive place for infinity stuff.

I don’t want to beat a dead horse, but originally we chose /iama because that’s what everybody told us would be the best place. And I don’t think we’re going to risk our credibility to be burned a second time.

2 Likes

A third time :wink:

5 Likes

No one noticed really. :stuck_out_tongue:

It sucks tough … yeah. Have someone answer questions in the Live Stream Maybe. Could get messy fast tough.

Might be an option.

2 Likes

Psst change the title of the thread. :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Might I suggest that now that you have Angry Joe in on it, could you do a Q and A with him? That guys has a huge reach, over 2 million subscribers, it would be like a proper AMA just on youtube. His fans could submit questions for you to answer and everything!
Heck maybe he even has a subredit of his own?