And what about people that forgot their passwords, the “retrieve password” feature was not available, is there any way to claim those accounts?
Not at the moment, perhaps once I have more time I can look at putting together a solution for those people. You would still need to have the same email address however.
I think I do have the same email, thanks, also I’m pretty sure there is enough evidence of me being critic from the old forums.
Except mine. It got boggled up by a bug when I tried to activate it. You fixed the bug a day later. I had to live with it :,(
I’ve got quite attached to my obsolete email address now and have given up ever being able to change it. I feel it is a little bit of history that connects me eternally with this project.
Woah, never really looked at my stats, nor cared really. This is a very good question: Why do I have more likes than I do posts? (assuming I’m looking at the stats correctly) This must be fixed.
I try to not say anything when there is nothing more to add to the conversation. On the old forums, which I lurked on a lot, I was always impressed by the amount of knowledge and depth of understanding being presented there on various topics. With the new forums, some of that got carried over, but still left a lot of room for a useful weigh-in, even by somebody like me XD
I want to be very active in the projects thread, as I do have a lot of (really awesome) projects I work on, but at the moment all of them are pretty much on hold because I have no room to work on them. Saving up for a house is not progressing very well, and nobody wants to loan money to me to get one anyway. Maybe I’ll post in there for smaller less-awesome projects, like installing gentoo next weekend with a friend.
Anyway, on topic, I’m not really sure I want to join, as I don’t really know what joining means. The first thread is not very clear on this.
Joining more or less means whatever you want it to. If you want to be recognized as one of the members of the pre-kickstarter infinity community it’s a pretty safe bet, i guess.
Which probably added to your high average-like-per-post ratio. 
I think it is a good thing to have someone who thinks before posting on the old guard. (not that the others are not thinking before posting
)
Alright, I’ll join I suppose. Does anyone plan on having a mumble or teamspeak or http://discord.gg server up? (note: discord does not have a linux client yet, other than android… supposedly they are working on it)
Personally I’d lean towards a mumble server, or everyone could flood over to IRC, as its the superior form of communication.
If we’re talking of VoIP or group chat solutions, why not take a look at Tox? Peer to peer, fully encrypted, no accounts required, no server required for group chats as long as someone remains online (clarification: persistent group chats are coming soon. For now we could use the groupbot to keep a group chat going.).
If we’re talking about encrypted messengers, why not take a look at retroshare? So far the only downside in comparison to tox is, that you have to create an account. On the other hand each message you send is pgp signed, it seems to have been in development for a longer time … so yeah …
^^ still the most impressive space engine after all these years.
Tox uses perfect forward secrecy with asynchronous encryption, based on the trusted NaCL library. Admittedly I’m very subjective on this matter though due to my MA thesis which is built on top of Tox. 
Generally it was just a suggestion, haven’t heard of retroshare before, looks similar. Any experience using it?
EDIT: looking at it it seems to be a bit over the top for just a joint group chat with VoIP capabilities. It does a lot of other stuff too, but as I said, I’ve never used it before.
My main experience with retroshare is that even though it is a good idea, it is a pain to convince your friends to use it. Apart from that, I remember having to have at least one guy in the whole network with the same ip between your logins, so that you could update the dht. Otherwise you would have to manually add each others ip again. There are big ‘groups’ though, so if you get into their dht, you’re set in that regard. Apart from that … I had problems with the ui, due to my screen being too tiny. So at least back when I used it (which is ~4 years + ago iirc) you had to have a screen with more than 800 x 600 (I think) resolution.
tox is pretty effortless to set up and qtox has a solid user friendly UI.
But, teamspeak and irc are pretty timeless and much more well known at this point, if you want either a voice chat or a persistant group chat. I’d mention skype but even using it opens you up to a ton of exploits as well as littering your computer with tons of crap ranging from a constant stream of advert traffic to various microsoft integration things that insist on breaking other applications. Not to mention how terrible it is just from a privacy angle.
Quick, update the information in the first post.
(edit: I should’ve probably mentioned that the statement was targeted @LucasFIN )
The glorious art by IllOO has finally been added to the OP!
And since Kickstarter is just behind the corner I think the adding of new forum members will probably close soon.
In before close:
@Katak
@scorflane
@roninmizu
@Cyc
@dekaku
@Sean
@Red_Syns
@Gorignack
@Kreydis
@tiwake
Not sure if all of you wanted to join. If not then let me know. And if some of you were not nominated before then consider it done now.
It’s good to be back! - There might even be a song in there 
I’ll gladly accept the invitation ^^