[OG] The Old Guard (133 members - Pre KS nominees are listed in 4th post)

Actually, I do remember you Deck. :wink:

I nominated @Red_Syns.

3 Likes

Hey Ark, it’s been forever since I’ve seen anybody around (turns out, the Navy’s a busy place, heh). Found the Legion’s thread, I miss the ICP and will throw all sorts of money at I:B even if it is nothing but ICP 3.0.

Edited because the old ICP was ICP 2.0.

2 Likes

Been lurking forever.
Still have ICP laying around on the PC. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Been a long time since the servers was up tho.

1 Like

I remember you as Deck and recall some very fun battles on the ICP. You were one of the ones who would reliably show up to the various tournaments I organised. I didn’t realise you’d changed your forum name though.

I’m now looking forward to organising new tournaments in Battlescape.

4 Likes

Navy eh? Same, been in since 2008 and planning to get out in about 10 months. What’s your story? (Feel free to PM a response if you prefer).

@Crayfish Can’t wait!

I remember spending forever trying to kill Irashi in that tiny ship with three engines. Was much easier to just blow off one of the engines and leave him to spin forever :laughing:

I can’t wait to have the intense battles and tournaments once again. I’ll definitely be pledging high enough to get all the builds!

1 Like

Me too. Really looking forward to getting back in the saddle.

We’ll soon forget the asteroid tunnel as we whiz through canyons on planetary surfaces. Can’t wait to hone my manoeuvres!

Ah, but playing hide and go seek with your enemies in that asteroid was intense fun. Full throttle follow the leader, where you had to make the run a few dozen times to remember all the turns?

At this point, @LucasFin, maybe you should just make a new post when the KS starts and insert the updated list then. Then close thread, update title to something like The Old Guard - Signup Closed, and start a new thread about OG activities.

2 Likes

The only problem I see there is they were looking at people being drawn out of the woodwork by the Kickstarter. Closing it up too early could cause you to miss some of the OG.

I will do that if the editing issue is not fixed by the time of the upcoming update for the site.

With the kickstarter being so close I start to wonder… When will we consider someone from the old forum be active enough to be nominated? Is it just a ‘hey look, I still exist’, or will they have to get to a certain rank … ‘show activity’ by posting in different threads, or be productive?

I feel if they were a regular (or even occasional) posting member of the community - back then OR now - they should be elligible for the OG. Within the OG we can make distinctions based upon activity, or “old old” vs “just one old” guard members… but to the vast majority of the rest of the (eventual, hopefully) player base, that will be irrelevant. Ugh, we’re going to be the ones reminiscing about ‘the good ol days’ and shouting ‘get off my lawn! ya damn kids…’ , aren’t we? :wink:

3 Likes

A potential indicator is simply if they bothered to sign up when the new site was created. I’m pretty sure members received a notification email about the change. I don’t recall if our forum accounts were transferred or not.
There is certainly going to be grey areas, but I guess its just a self-congratulatory celebration of patience :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t believe so, Else I’d have an even older join date. that or because I never really posted my account never got saved. Meh.

There’s no question that they transferred a bunch of accounts. Search on “account” and you’ll see posts about it all. The join date on my account is November 2007, and that’s clearly well before this forum was created.

My join date is September 29th 2005. Hmmm… there’s something familiar about that date.

Happy tenth forum birthday to me!

8 Likes

I think all the accounts were moved over but still had to be activated. My join date is Jul 5, but Red_Syns already existed prior to me arriving (and trying to sign in. I’ve been lurking the new forums for at least a year).

In this case I would like to nominate @tiwake . Not quite what I would call a ‘regular’ poster (however he posts at least occasional), but roughly half posts have been liked at least once (interestingly enough not one like from Arken last time I checked).

People who used the same email address and remembered their original forums username/pword had their account migrated. This ability was available for ~1 year before I took it down.

2 Likes