Thoughts for the Kickstarter campaign

I consider my pledge a donation to help them produce a great game and build a strong company that will go on to produce another great game (the MMO).

I am not buying something. I am being thanked for my donation with a token gift. That gift will enable me to help further by donating my time and energy into testing and QA and providing feedback. Of course I anticipate enjoying that process as well.

4 Likes

I’m not really into donations though and if I was, there are a lot more deserving people and organizations than Indie Game Developers. :frowning:

Ok maybe less of a donation, more of a highly speculative investment.

This is, of course, the core value proposition of the Developr Access tier. That and the fact that you will be getting a copy of the game as soon as we can get it to you upon successful completion of the KS (much sooner than “a few months” before everybody else). As you will see during the campaign we have a prototype that is playable right now. It’s still a far cry from the finished game however the dev team has already spent quite a few enjoyable hours playing it.

All early access tier forums will be a private section of this forum.

4 Likes

Oh, @INovaeKeith, while you are here, can you please extend the post edit period after work tonight, just add a zero and the edit period will be 60 months?

Ok, editing should now be forever.

12 Likes

I’m certainly more than happy to be giving feedback if I purchase the $250 package.

1 Like

Yup, my intent is the $250 tier as well.

If that is still true, then it would be perfect. Would allow me to ease the burden of the 250$ tier over a couple of months.

Bouncing between 500 and 2.5k. I feel like a terrible person, but the statue attracts my monetary interest so hard… but is it worth it is the true question.

3 Likes

Yes!

10char

Since the kickstarter is coming very soon, how do you want us to spread the hype after it launches? Surely everyone here will throw in their share, but we need more people.

I don’t understand: both tiers have the statue, right?

My brain just exploded a bit, never noticed that. I’ll have to change my motive into naming a planet kreydis, and shelling out a couple copies to the good folks.

2 Likes

We’ll have information on evangelism here on the forums when it’s necessary.

4 Likes

I’ll probably go for the Alpha $75 pack.
But I need to be able to back the game some other way than KickStarter,
since KS still doesn’t support paypal :S

@INovaeKeith, will this be possible??

1 Like

After the Kickstarter yes, during the campaign the only way to back the project will be through what’s available on Kickstarter unfortunately.

Random off-topic question: Will more than one bobble head be able to be ‘equipped’?

At the moment the plan is for one bobble head at a time but that could change. It may also depend on the cockpit (some have more space than others). For now assume 1 at a time but it’s technically TBD.

3 Likes

Finally after nearly a decade of wait the hype train is coming to its first station.

I wonder how long it will take for it to reach its final station :slight_smile: