Neptunes Pride 2 : Triton - Discussion and Community Games

The AI is … special.

They aren’t defensive nor are they aggresive.
All they do is share technology with all other AIs, upgrading their stars and seemingly senslessly send carrieers with ships back and forth trough theyr empire.

They do seem to react to threats at their border but that only makes them a little easier to kill because they send ships to allready doomed stars … what makes them hard to kill is that they build up in small places, so by cycle ten it isn’t unusual to see hundred of ships parked and shiped arround their 7 7 5 stars and countles 2 2 1 Stars … but the main problem is that they like to share between themselfs. I’m playing in another game with 80% AI and I won’t ever catch up with their technology.

All right, thanks. So I guess down with the AI then, once I have a border with either one.

I’m enjoying the game so far, except for the offensive game. Defensive ‘bonuses’ is much, much higher than I anticipated. :frowning:

On another note, I’m this close to complain about the emoticons to Disqourse. It said that the above was a frowny, but all I got was a pouty boo-boo face.

Defensive bonus is diminished as Weapon tech grows higher. At first, it doubles your Weapon tech (2 vs 1). In late game, it gives you a +20% bonus (6 vs 5), without counting the gaps in Weapon tech that may have appeared at this point. And the ‘first to damage’ bonus is reduced with big fleets.

Oh and again, in any case, always let one ship on any star you have. If it is attacked, one ship is always what will inflict the highest kill/loss ratio.

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.

So what is with this ‘bonus weapon tech’ during battles?

/me scowls at Lomsor

Home field advantage, essentially.

Oh, okay. I was under the impression that the defense got the bonus because of some other means.

Damn. Wish I had known the AI don’t attack!
Would have been so much better to go offensive asap rather than sitting in this stand-off.

I know, I could have wiped Mainiaxe out by now, but I was scared that I might break the cold war and bring war and destruction to my strange-hat elf people!

Does anyone know if they send reinforcements to a star if you launch an attack against it?

I haven’t any response from them so far as long as my border planets have a few ships in them. They will take undefended planets, though.

And now the entire galaxy is officially colonised.

Ok, I have a question. Consider the following: I own a planet with fighters on it. Two carriers are en route to it, one enemy and one with reinforcements. ETA for both is exactly the same time. Will my reinforcements count?

The game is really fun to play so far. Hrobertson is a force to reckon with… :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Okay, with some googling I think I found the answer: yes, the ships will count. This is because the movement happens before the battle in the tick process.

Yes, don’t worry, you will defeat me at Sceptrum.

It’s in the help under Combat.

All right, thank you. @hrobertson I wasn’t worrying, I was just considering where to fight. Now I know. :smiley:

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!

1 Like

Oh look, the tiny green men are tickling… :smiley: Watch out or I might sneeze…

Seriously though, why are you sending a force to me that you know will easily loose?

Will I? All of them? Do you even know how many there truly are headed your way?

Eh. It matters not. You ask why? It is because I am tired.

Of veiled threats. Of tiptoeing and secrecy and the wearing of masks.

I am tired of standing idly by while you continue to believe you can bluster and bully and have your way with your neighbors with no resistance.

I am tired of standing idly by while my closest ally and friend suffers even one more of your barbarians at the gates!

Your day of reckoning has come, and you have been found sorely wanting. Should you have any sense, any at all, kneel.

Kneel before your rightful lord and emperor, His Majesty and His Grace hrobertson.

1 Like