Neptunes Pride 2 : Triton - Discussion and Community Games

Yes, all 309 of them.

Of veiled threats? We never threatened you, no, we extended our hand in friendship and you scoffed us for it! Had we wanted we could have begun an offensive through you a long time ago, but no, we believed that our common fate would enable us to stand side by side.

As to my other neighbor… horbertston knew what he was getting himself into when he encircled us. And to him too I extended a hand with good intentions, but he too only turned me away.

The only one who was wronged repeatedly here was us. We will never kneel, even if you’ll win one of two skirmishes!

I have not yet begun to fight.

1 Like

OOC:

Well, good job, I did not see that coming. :smiley: Finally some excitement… Although you have practically guaranteed that hrobertson will win. Arkenbrien and you both seem to have agreements with him, ThornEel has been winning against Lomsor and will then only face a powerful Arkenbrien, effectively making him irrelevant for the foreseeable future. Especially since the AI seems pretty incompetent. While I am still not a weak force, facing two powerful enemies on two fronts is impossible for me (hrobertson can out-fight me, TA can out-science me).

And here I thought that we were going to try for a long game… :stuck_out_tongue:

Since when have I EVER been predictable in these things? I don’t know if I should break out the evil laugh or feel insulted. :stuck_out_tongue:

Credit where it’s due, though…I am not looking forward to the next few days. This is not going to be fun.

1 Like

That’s true. :smiley: Well, if it is any consideration to you, I’m not looking forward to it too…

1 Like

@TerranAmbass: You just made a mistake¹. With a bit of hard work on my part, your offensive will soon be “advancing” in the other direction. But yes, you could manage to get 2 more planets from me before I can push back, so enjoy it while it lasts…

And I won’t even have a massive hole in my border towards hrobertson. So don’t count me out yet; the Oranges will resist until our defeat is apparent, and today that day is still in the far future!

1: Except if you have more fighters stashed away somewhere…

…maybe.

2 Likes

Well, that settles my chapter in this game. Now lets see how long you two take to decimate me. :smiley: It was fun while it lasted, but I seriously thought I’d be a bit better. It still seems relative early in the game for me to loose…

Once I’ve lost will I be able to keep viewing the game? Possibly without the fog of war? Should be fun to see what happens later on.

Good game everyone!

Xamino there was a time when you could have decimated me.

I think there’s the beginnings of a fun game but some of the mechanics need tweaking to make it really good.

The person able to check it frequently will always be able to defeat the person only able to check morning and evening.
Likewise the person in an earlier timezone is likely to be able to defeat the person in a later timezone as they can set a fleet moving while the other person has gone to bed. In the morning it’s too late to organise a defence.

Also, if you can get someone’s trust and then betray them, that can potentially put you in a strong position. That doesn’t sit well with me. I prefer to be honest.

Personally I won’t be playing again.

There’s also a round based mode and lots of tweakong possibilities. Dark Galaxy for instamce.
Though I can see why you wouldn’t want to play again.

Oh interesting, I didn’t even realize. I’m looking forward to the reports once the game is done! :smiley:

I agree that the mechanics need some tweaking, but generally it is a cool concept for a game. I kinda dislike the simple fighting – it is always simply a matter of who can put more fighters to a battle. A more rock-paper-scissors approach might add a lot more skill to battles and make the game more interesting. Of course, I think the core idea of the Triton is to have a simple game that can be played without any advanced knowledge, but here I think a bit more variety and options would be nice.

Time is always a problem, yes – for your information, I played from Germany. I tried to check regularly, but some days there just wasn’t time. That doesn’t help with two trigger-happy neighbors… :stuck_out_tongue:

@TerranAmbass … *cough cough * :smiley: But don’t worry, I harbor no ill feelings.

Yes, maybe a turn-based game would be more equal. The (new) Production time falls right when I am behind my computer (though I missed a few), which is an advantage.
Maybe a 12h or 24h turn game (you can have several ticks, or even an entire cycle per turn IIRC.

I feel like 33% of the stars is a bit low, as one can get them even with several dominant powers. I prefer the default 50% better. But maybe that’s just me…

Ah yes, hrm, the reports.
I skipped quite a few, time to (try and) write them by memory.

I’ll add that the RNG god decided to bless me for this game, Experiments mostly fell either on tech that I intended to researsh or downright on what I was researching.

I never realized that was supposed to be a trust situation. I always got a “you’re next” vibe from our…dealings. My bad.

But hey, no biggie, right?

1 Like

Not just you. However I’m quite glad it’ll be over soon rather than dragging on longer.

Funny that, for me it’s more “Hey, in the end there can only be one. But that’s far away, and no reason to be mean, isn’t it?” So I see alliances as such, real (if not eternal) alliances.
If I ever backstab someone, I’ll actually be happy for them if they thwart me or otherwise planned for it.
And if someone backstabs me, I say in advance that there are no hard feelings from my side. If they manage to really hurt me and come closer to victory thanks to it, I’ll even probably congratulate them.

Which has yet to happen, actually. I tend to stick to my deals anyway :smile:

1 Like

I was going to answer that…but then I realized this game is leading me down thought processes I’m not fond of. I think I’m gonna drop out after this match as well, before I start taking this too seriously at best.

Game will be over in 2 hours 50 minutes.
Looking forward to sharing logs with Xamino - I’m away most of tomorrow so it wont be until the evening.

Thanks TA for being a massive ally.

No problem.

Good game, and congratulations to hrobertson for winning!

So you two were allied? Well darn. :stuck_out_tongue: I should have overrun TA right in the beginning when he wasn’t that active…

I’ll finish my logs and put them up in a day or so – I want to make a gif of the map so that we can see the empires rise and fall.

Thanks everyone for playing, I rather enjoyed it!

1 Like

GG everyone. At least my species survived. :smile:

Thanks everyone for trying this out. Was definitely fun.

Now let me bury my kind … please …