Meme Factory - Manufacturing Space Boners

If, as it seems, you are trying to get a big name to try the Kickstarter version of the game I am to assume you got permission from the staff?

The Minder of Crossed T’s and Dotted I’s

@LucasFIN, is this something you’d want the community as a whole to use to try to get his attention? Or just you? (Should we all be posting this to twitter and call his name?)

We wait until he posts it, after that point we can repost his twitter post. This preserves the original, and whoever reads it knows it was created by Lucas.

Sounds good. What’s his twitter name so we can follow him?

https://twitter.com/David_Lugasi

There are two ways to retweet.

  1. You push the button at the bottom of the tweet. This retains all the information from the original tweet, but has the drawback that it does not really send a new message to the people mentioned in the tweet that gets retweetet. You only present your “followers” said tweet.
  2. You copy the content of the tweet and maybe add a “RT @original:” at the front. As this is a new tweet it is forwarded to everyone mentioned with @. This has the drawback that it doesn’t link to the original post and can be considered “flooding”.

As everyone has his own twitter, choose as you like.

1 Like

I asked on Discord but got no answer. But how would a bigger name be any different than for example Scott Manley? I-Novae members re-tweeted the Martian poster I made.

The person still needs to apply trough email. We aren’t giving away the prototype directly, not that we have it in the first place. All we are doing is try to spread the word, make people with big fellowships either recognise, talk or try the game.

So. Does anyone have any better suggestions for the tweet text? :smiley:

Or will I go with bro fisting?

Edit: I was also thinking that the tweet could address the fans as well. Like:

Lock #BroFist in attack position! Do you want @PewDiePie to review #InfinityBattlescape?

3 Likes

I think that fits best with the Image. Also good idea phrasing it a little less direct. Broader appeal, same probability for PewDiePie to see it.

Considering the slim chance you have of this getting his attention I wouldn’t spend too much time on it. Make something cool enough to get him to double take if he should happen to see it, but move on to the next target. What you have is good enough in my opinion.

3 Likes

With or without KS link?

Yep, put it in and off it goes.

1 Like

Final tweet:

Lock #BroFist in attack position! Wanna c @PewDiePie review #InfinityBattlescape prototype? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/309114309/infinity-battlescape

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/David_Lugasi/status/659303432029892608

Re-tweet!

2 Likes

Honestly, I doubt that Pewdiepie will make any impact at all. His target audience seems to be into other types of games.

But hey, I can always be wrong.

3 Likes

I fleshed out the idea a little and will do it this evening. If I don’t have anything to show in 12 Hours: Kick me and tell me that I’m too fucking slow!

Here’s the script. Input welcome.

  • Scene I

[Animated Screenshot of I-Novae Sunset / hutching style]

“With Star Wars VII on the horizon …”

  • Scene II

[TBD, maybe merge with Scene I]

“don’t you wish the fighters …” (maybe ships? fighters sounds better tough / I want to imply all sizes)

  • Sceneset III

[Compilation of “flying vehicular combat” mixed from Star Wars I trough VI]

“of your past”

  • Sceneset IV

[Compilation of “flying vehicular combat” mixed from Star Wars VII trailers]

“and your future”

  • Scene V

[Helion zipping past cammera]

“at your fingertips?”

  • Sceneset VI

[Compilation from Infinity Battlescape Trailer and gameplay / with “All In-Engine” in the corner]

  • Scene VII

"
HUNDREDS OF PLAYERS
SEAMLESS INTERPLANETARY WARFARE
MOD SUPPORT
"

" Infinity: Battlescape"

[LOGO / Youtube Embeded link to Kickstarter]

Newtonian physics with different flight models for atmosphere and space
Offline sandbox mode for exploring and trying out different ship/weapon combinations
Windows PC
Community oriented focus with support for modding

The text and scenes will be animated/cut for maximum effect.

5 Likes

Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Isn’t that very suggestive of some sort of connection between Infinity and the Star Wars franchise? That has C&D written all over it.

1 Like

Yes it is … very much …

The chance for it being picked up are slim. If it will and it brings some Star Wars fans to Battlescape before it gets deleted, I’m ok with that.

I will share it on reddit and such tough … this might make the process a little to … fast,

1 Like

Just make sure you do not use ANY Star Wars material whatsoever - clips, pictures, sounds, anything copyrighted. Infinity material with Star Wars only referenced by mentioning it should probably be ok.

1 Like