Any alternative? How should I bring the scenes of Star Wars into memory without using them? I wouldn’t have a problem if this weren’t advertisment … but it is. 
I’d use star wars material anyway, as long as it’s not from the new movie. At best they’d think it’s just a game “machinima” like the ones machinima makes.
not even from the trailers? What’s the difference? What if I just used trailer material?
No idea really, it’s very likely it will only get a few hundred views anyway so I wouldn’t worry too much. If they have a problem with it, you’d receive a copyright notice on youtube and it might get taken down but I highly doubt they’d bother to contact inovae.
Edit: here’s a copyright notice i received on youtube, nothing serious
Guys, just no. Nope. Negatory. Dont.
It does not matter if its old Star Wars or new Star Wars, Trailer material or from the movies. Copyright is copyright, and this here is not fan art for a Star Wars product, it is an active attempt to get money for the Kickstarter of a company that has no Star Wars licence whatsoever.
Use your creativity, but stay away from copyrighted material. The Scott Poster was tailored to one individual with lots of alterations, and even this one would not hold up to serious lawyer scrutiny. Disney and Lucas are not exactly known for their humour in copyright questions either. Just do not touch this hot iron.
Use stuff that can not be copyrighted - like the composition of famous Star Wars movie scenes for example. E.g. the Hellion flying the turn Han Solo uses to hide in the Asteroid. Instead of flying into the space-worm, the Hellion explodes. If you cant make it work that way, move along, this copyrighted material is not the marketing material you are looking for.
IMPORTANT: INovae can and WILL get legal trouble for stupid things done/organized in their forums. Make no mistake, it doesnt matter at all if any accusations of wrongdoing are justified or not - the cost of such a legal conflict would mean you lost the fight before it even started. Do not poke sleeping bears. Be very careful about copyright issues. Infinity has more than enough original 100% safe material to use.
One Star Citizen video creator got their video taken down by Sony for using the Top Gun theme in their video. Hence why they have the alternate made by the game’s composer.
“Disappointed over the hyped up release date of NMS? Get your fill of procedurally-generated worlds here:”
Think about Buzzfeed style linkbait titles…
“You won’t believe what happens when you fly a spaceship into a planet in this game”
“He flew into the sunset and then… wait, did he just fly into the sun?”
“Did this small team just make the space sim everybody has been waiting for?”
“From vapour ware to vapour trails, this the game that nobody thought could ever be made”
“The models in this game are so big they can be seen from orbit!”
“I just spent 10 hours in a pre-alpha tech demo, find out why”
“Are you tired of loading screens, choose seamless with Infinity:Battlescape”
Oh god the clickbait titles. The #1 thing that makes me not to read an article… >.>
My favorites are these two
I’m fairly certain - as a non-lawyer - that Fair Use allows @LucasFIN to use stuff from Star Wars in certain ways. INS definitely cannot.
One use is educational, and that would theme the video as a contrast between the Star Wars film experience and the Infinity:Battlescape gameplay experience. Just don’t get carried away with making it look too much like a promo and you’d be fine.
Not doing anything with Star Wars material is certainly the path of least resistance.
Be careful of people familiar with Betteridge.
I also like the vapour trails one.
“This game gives ‘Down to Earth’ a whole new meaning.”
Soooo … where can we apply that Clickbait?
Would totally do it. Evil side and such.
I like it and will apply that rule liberally in future. Thanks!
working on enter enterelysium postcard 
He likes firefly so i think its safe bet what should i use.
Also he likes to quote Wash so this one is easy 
by the way does anyone has Flavien’s face from angle and more smiling ? 
he will be head i use in Mal’s place.
“I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar” posted with a gif of a helion smashing into and bouncing off the planet!!
Where? I wanna see!
damnit had to pain part of Flaviens head he is hard one to get shot of… not many shots of him, but will be finished shortly
I will couple it with message
Some people juggle Geese, some should test Infinity Battlescape (he likes the original quote)
![]()
EDIT POSTED
https://twitter.com/DirkLarien/status/659499008633753605