Quick question I’ve seen on the ED forums, can someone pop an answer here for me to repost please.
Q. will asteroids be dynamic, will they move about in space ?
And also, will there be active comets? as in moving along paths.
Quick question I’ve seen on the ED forums, can someone pop an answer here for me to repost please.
Q. will asteroids be dynamic, will they move about in space ?
And also, will there be active comets? as in moving along paths.
ATM I believe they are just static, primarily so that the battlescapes will be in the light. If the asteroids were rotating, the battlescapes would be difficult to control.
This will probably be changed. I wouldn’t be surprised if the engine can handle this already, but again, it has to do with controlling where the battlescapes are.
You can see the effect the static asteroids when the ship is powered off when just spawning in the asteroid base: You start falling towards the earth-like moon. The only way that could happen is if all the asteroids are a source of all-natural anti-gravity stuff (maybe that’s why they’re mining it, and why 3 corporations are fighting over it!). If the asteroids were orbiting the moon, then you would be orbiting with the same velocity as the asteroids, meaning that instead of falling towards the planet, you would ‘miss’ and go around. But because you start going directly towards the planet, the asteroids must be static.
I’ll try to get an official answer on chat about that.
Thanks.
I’ve also re-posted in full KS update 15 on the ED and SC forums… should mop up the last members sitting on the fence about pledging. But there does seem to be a constant stream of them coming from the SC forums.
Kate Russel actually on twitch playing Infinity:Battlescape. Maybe some players of the community and I-Novae team could join her, to surprise her, and leave her with a really good impression ?
I get the impression she already likes the prototype. She loves space games.
yeah but could be better
How many people are watching her stream.
100 on Kates Stream
32 on Jans.
not a lot for the moment ~90
I’ve posted she’s streaming on the Ed and SC forums. Will also drop a quick link into SC chat.
everyone should slow right down so Kate can shoot them and make it look good.
excellent time ! the team came to her and delivered her a welcome message… hum… sort of …
so cool !!
edit : “a race ! It’s awesome ! I love it ! I love it ! I love it !”
She is funny.
Kate Russell -
"am impressed as everyone said I would be"
"Lush to fly"
yeah really and the team presence is awesome. It’s the perfect final stream for a great game ! Maybe my favorite moment !
A lot of good sequences for a video in fact.
Ask her to mention the 1:1 scale solar system . ta 
done (10 characters)
I’ll make good use of her video.
There’s a lot of epic moments and fails !
She has an Elite theme tune, didn’t know that. And voice packs. Cool.
Your answer is very correct about orbital mechs.
If I hadnt played kerbal, I wouldnt have a clue what you just said.
I still suggest all space lovers to check out kerbal space program if you want to learn about orbits, hoffman transfers, newtonian, …