Infinity Battlescape Media Mega Thread

There’s also Orbiter, which is pretty realistic. I learned about it from a thread in the old forums and spent a lot of time flying in it when I was younger (and reading tutorials to learn how to fly a space shuttle, how to dock with the ISS, how to do transfers, how to use gravity assist…) It taught me a lot about how spaceflight works, how hard it is and how big space is. It would be fun if someone did an Orbiter-like or KSP-like mod with the I-Novae engine, combining hard science with awesome visuals.

Okay, according to Gene on chat, the celestial mechanics are a no-go, because it would make the game/netcode “10 times harder to code”. As a result, from what I understand, celestial mechanics are not in engine (i think), given the min funding level right now, and it isn’t a priority either way.

In Gene’s recollection, Keith would consider it around the 1.5 million mark. :wink:

So that’s that.

2 Likes

Ok I looked it up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_sign

Dollar sign
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That’s so common. Mostly just means money.

Now back to what you were talking about.

Wasn’t sure what thread to slot this into, so I dumped it here :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting insight into how Google categorises things (see first suggestion in list). Are there ways I-Novae can raise their profile on search engines?

1 Like

Yes. Google search has it’s odd ways. Just the other day a friend of mine and I were on the phone with each other when we simultaneously googled the same three words. Our searches brought up different page results all because the words were in a different order. We got a good kick out of it :smile:

2 Likes

Necro I know, but I was just checking out the front page on imgur and IBS is on the front page along with SC, NMS, and everspace which is pretty cool.

Click the link and it’ll bring you to the post.

5 Likes

That’s actually pretty significant. It’s hilarious how many mentions of ED there are in the comments, half the people don’t even bother to read the first word of the title.

1 Like

Heh… Planetside in space.

We got a mention in an article related to NMS, been a while since any publicity…

9 Likes

Speaking of publicity, french magazine “Canard PC” wrote a two page article in its summer edition about Infinity, with a small interview with @INovaeFlavien.
(link to the summary of the magazine, in French).

Probably the most honest article I’ve read about I:B so far.

I wouldn’t expect much more publicity before any gameplay is released though, be it from that magazine or any other.

7 Likes

I got offered a copy of that magazine recently by someone hearing I was interested in videogames.
I had heard that it was the best French videogame magazine, and AFAICT it is plausible. The nice article on I:B was a nice surprise, and I confirm the most honest I’ve read so far.
Basically, it said “It promises a lot, but even as a pre-alpha prototype, it looks very nice and already fly pretty well. We’re definitely looking forward to this one.”

5 Likes