Infinity Battlescape Media Mega Thread

6 Likes

And I tweeted her about the Thunderclap.
+50k reach :3

2 Likes

edit - meh, decided it was unnecessary to bring my original comment up, nice to get a tweet from her anyway.

1 Like

Seems to be a bit of a debate flaring on star citizens reddit and also a reason cropping up for not pledging I have seen for quite a well
284 votes and 242 comments so far on Reddit

Seems a few people just depledged because of a few tweets between dsmart(someone who criticised star citizen) and keith

A reason for not pledging I’ve seen is that they claim the graphics look dated now…yet its only a prototype. Many I’ve contacted said they would hold out funding til after kickstarter!

This raises a thought…IF we succeed the kickstarter…surely a very good funding method for further add ons…would be placing a pre alpha game on STEAM …reap the money and add those stretch goals!

Peace\ Heddwch

2 Likes

That DS (who) bull$h!t is working on my nerves…
Never heard of and dont give a crap

Seen a dev counter just a while ago on twitter. Dunno who is spreading this shit but I am backing for 9years and that 7y old behavior is not stopping from pledging.

Was asking for reasons to push me to 500pledge and not 250.
Well Inovae just did it when that DS bullshit began on yhe KS page.
500 for Inovae, make this game! You have my full confidence!

ye that was what my original comment was about :stuck_out_tongue: I think Kate handled the comment about DS on her tweet pretty professionally.

And it’s still just overblown as hell, all they got are some tweets with Keith being friendly, no hate towards SC or Keith saying he likes what he did or anything (google derek smart star citizen if you want to know what he did), but some people from the SC community are pretty mad about DS and will boycott anything that has his name close to it.

Imo it’s a pretty stupid reason to not pledge but whatever, it’s not my money and I’m pretty sure the kickstarter will succeed without a few guys retracting their pledges.

TLDR, for some SC fans DS is literally Hitler.

1 Like

They can’t handle DS liking a game, I can’t really fathom it.
DS backed thunderclap as a response to the pledge removals BTW, 6k extra reach.

No he genuinely likes Battlescape and has backed it, the man has WEIRD opinions but when he likes a thing he supports a thing.

It doesn’t matter imo, no reason to pull the DS hate here, he added to the thunderclap and he pledged to the game.

/edit - and so far he hasn’t pulled any publicity stunts here as well.

2 Likes

No reason to derail and make a big discussion about it here, google “derek smart star citizen” and read like the first article from pcgamer.

Just a side question…seeing as we are missing the stretch goals…where would it be best to discuss the idea of a early access steam game (on this forum?) Post kickstarter ofc
to raise more funds through proof of concept…early access would build a bigger community of fans and then.this game could be a cult classic without even being fully finished

He’s a game dev who made games that are rather let’s say controversial.
Anyways just google Derek Smart you’ll be up for an entertaining evening.
That said Enough Smarting here let’s get back to media efforts!

1 Like

Ah yes, I understand now.

1 Like

I would kind of advise against it.
We’re seeing so many Early Access on Steam, with most of them being in a state of decay, people hold a grudge against them.

Putting an “Early access” at the end of Alpha / beginning of Beta could be nice. Anywhere sooner might not bring the desired effect.

2 Likes

Dont forget that devs did add the beta/dev access tiers so that they had a dedicated group testing the game, rather than the mess that is early access.

Plus, if they did put the game on early access, they’d need to put it at a price of 250$ or greater because of the KS dev tier. At least until it’s time for the alpha. I don’t think there’s a lot of people who’d go for that price. Unless there would be some advantage like making getting updates easier or having extra publicity, I don’t see much point in doing that. If someone wants the Dev access tier, they can just donate post KS.

im never heard about DS before this day and already hate him. looks like i do not need further investigation

Putting the dev-tier / prototype onto Steam’s Early Access would create a nasty backlash from the price. Most of the first titles on ErAc started out cheap and increased in price closer to launch; that’s what a lot of people expect of it now.

Steam’s community has a tendency to treat it like pre-order+, not a way to help games get made.

130k+ reach & 182 supporters! 10 more hours to the Thunderclap! If you haven’t yet, join us! On good terms with Internet nobility? Ask them to join (kudos to @TheCoach!)

Link: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/34220-48-hours-to-battlescape

1 Like

Thanks buddy I did all I could with my limited social media reach.
If it weren’t for you I wouldn’t have had a place to call the people to!

1 Like