I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

Also, in the cockpit: those tiny wires from the box instrument thing, my mechanical engineer friend is shocked every time he sees it.

The big, thick cables are fine, but those tiny ones that are looping around, that’s a big no. You really don’t want fragile wires hanging like that where anything can, say, hook them and tear them out.

I am a real life mechanical engineer and I designed that cockpit, so heh. It’s a game.

14 Likes

Thanks, all very useful.

How about some low surface close quarters dog fighting with say 3 or 4 ships. All very close and in the motions of firing.

And same for along the long space station struts. Very close quarters combat.

the detail on that container is really great

1 Like

Craters not perfect good to point out also per alpha.

Indeed looks great! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The Moons of the Infinity: Battlescape planetary system.

14 Likes

That’s no…oh wait nevermind that IS a moon.

6 Likes

Your engineer friend (and I say this as one) needs to hang out in the real world more. Let’s just say that shit happens all the time. :smile:

2 Likes

It’s just the jerry-rigged collision avoidance radar and warning system. It’s not like it’s something important. :stuck_out_tongue:
*Oh wait, you mean that thing in the top left… Not sure what that is. Turret targeting computer maybe?

(course, it might just be something put up there to look cool without much thought to the function)

Lovely new trailer by the way. Very swish.

I didn’t expect to be wowed again after the previous set.

I hope your kickstarter does an hyper drive out the atmosphere as your campaign proceeds towards the end, right now its flying in the canyons. Symbolic interpretation of your Kickstarter. :wink:

1 Like

Hi, I need more good screen shots guys, a lot more please if that’s ok to ask. That’s everyone here reading this able to fly in the prototype. My computers just too old and under powered to run the prototype max and 1080p/1440p etc, so I need the communities help.

To keep the 5 threads I’m working alive I need a new and constant supply of screen shots. The short vids by @TARS @Lomsor have been going down really well thanks guys and put more out as and when you can. @Crayfish has also posted very hi res shots which are very useful. And of course thanks to @INovaeAndre and @Hutchings for keeping the thread topped up.

Now I know I’m new and pain in the the arse (butt), but I am an enthusiastic pain in the arse (butt) that has a lot of time on his hands. And lots of ideas. But I need help, more help than I have been getting. I want to do my bit to help this game hit its KS goal and so do all of you.

I forgot to add, the goal is to drive hits to the KS page and to impress with visuals. I’m not qualified to answer to in-depth a question so focus on what I can do. And that’s drive hits to the KS page.

I would like to ask for a good 10 or more a day please.

6 Likes

Look for new ones this evening (in about 9 hrs from now).

7 Likes

Oh, you big tease…

3 Likes

And that’s precisely why I would expect some duct tape on those wires to be the first thing done, instead of letting them hang around waiting for shit to happen and tear them off.

3D duct tape, that’s part of the $2 million stretch goal.

1 Like

made this gifv out of the Scott Manley music vid

11 Likes

Of all the screen shots, this one is still my favourite.

4 Likes

I see that gif and I hear “Leeeeeeerooooooy Jenkins!”

1 Like