I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

I don’t recall seeing this vid. This is so amazing! Scot did a very good job. Thank him for me! I am so expecting a jump.

maybe the distance was cranked up a bit, as I got the impression there were more trees visible than usual?

Quick one before Bed.

18 Likes

@INovaeAndre @Hutchings
Can you guys post a good bunch more please, to use during and post reddit. Thank you.

Yeah Hutch or someone equally skilled in making awesome IMGUR galleries should make a new one so we could boost it on reddit.
In fact I might just post the old gallery because why the hell not, it seemed to work real well the first time.

Another gallery is a good idea, I’ve just been tied up with a couple other things atm.

2 Likes

Ok thanks.

Any concept artwork of planets, moons and rings and atmosphere’s would be real useful ta.

I’ll post the old one in a few minutes the title of the post will be:
“Indie team is doing things that most game studios could only dream about. This game looks awesome!”

Posted, please try to boost it. Probably won’t work but I have a tiny hope it just might.

Yay I’m aparently shadowbanned. I’ll rereg and won’t post anything on reddit anymore, I would at least like to be able to upvote a thing…

Someone should totally post that imgur gallery though as it’s worth a try.

Is there new concept art? or old concept work not yet published. It’s all good.

No, it’s all on our Battlescape website.

Lots of screenshots tonight:

16 Likes

Sweet terminator, brah!

Seeing the orange “mars” planet above is the first time I am a little disappointed in the engine. It looks far too artificial with that many regular craters, with no errosion at all. The craters just too round and look more like paint dropplets on a floor, than a planet.

1 Like

It’s the least worked on planet in the proto so that’s what you get. I wouldn’t worry about it, it’s gonna get a whole lot better with time.

I mean we have some serious blurry texture issues right now in the medium distance zone, planets look great when you are on the surface or in high orbit but the in between needs a kickup of texture detail. These things are going to get worked on for sure.

1 Like

The biggest problem with the Mars planet is the intersecting craters. A crater is erasing everything present at impact, so two crater rims can’t simply intersect each-other. One has to recover the other.

5 Likes

That was the first thing I noticed when I saw it.

Also craters in the outside surface of another crater that would have totally destroyed the wall of the original.

Like how Frontier are doing it would be sweet, with consideration of plate tectonics and such.