In-game destruction
What kind of levels of destruction will we see, outpost/moon base, asteroid base, satellite/stations, blasting holes in mountainsides, etc.
And ship level destruction. Small and large.
Voice Comms
And another question. So we will have an option for solo and multi player. Is there going to be a way for players to communicate with each other on voice comms in-game? or will voice comms be left to 3rd party programs like Teamspeak.
If the voice comms are going to be in-game, will the comms have voice effects to simulate ship to ship radio (voice comms effects) in space, much like your KS video has. Voice comms effects like you hear in this Interstellar Marines 2008 tech demo ‘Voice Porting’ - play from 12:40 minutes onwards
*There is also a good teamspeak plugin that also does radio comms effects, called Crosstalk, and is actively maintained.
What voice comms effects and mic beeps were you guys using on the livestream.
Bases, outposts, stations, and all sorts of different space ships. No deformable terrain I’m afraid. Perhaps someday =)
Mostly likely 3rd party. There’s a lot of great 3rd party solutions out there for this sort of thing and we don’t want to spend precious dev resources on a solved problem. Yeah seamless integration with the game is great but unless we raise a lot of money we’d rather invest that time on new features and killer gameplay.
If they were on teamspeak then I’m guessing its the Crosstalk plugin which changes all the players voices he is hearing in different ways to simulate radio voice comms.
I am very impressed with what I’m watching on the live stream.
Watching the livestream the sense of scale and transition between scenes is just incredible. Something screenshots really just don’t capture, thought I knew what the engine would be like with all the screenshots we have seen, but it’s really something else in video.
Having played Elite: Dangerous I loved flying near the rings, but you could never actually fly right through them (afaik) or at least get close enough to see rock formations. I can’t wait. I-Novae Engine is magic.
Edit: Oh and those beeps for the comms make it extra immersive. So giddy right now
I forgot to say regarding force feedback (haptic feedback) on HOTAS/Flightsticks and on the xbox one controller (inc triggers).
I have most of the last and best force feedback joysticks and one HOTAS.
And will be most happy to assist if and when the time comes. I also usually use an xbox360 controller and will at some point buy the PC Xbox one controller for its haptic feedback triggers. Or even the xbox pro… when and if the price drops here in the UK to a more sensible price.
I’m not a mouse and keyboard gaming any more. I like to game from my sofa using xbox controller and or HOTAS. With a keyboard and mouse to hand, but just prefer the controllers or HOTAS/Flightstick these days. Casual like, so except the handicap not using a M&K.
Force feedback sticks I have, and I have a few of each:-
Device Name : Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner Force feedback HOTAS
VendorID 0x044F
ProductID 0xB550
(the now rare older brother of the current T.Flight X HOTAS)
Device Name : Microsoft Force Feedback 2 Stick (several of each red and black version)
VID: 0x045E
PID: 0x001B
Device Name : WingMan Force 3D
Vendor ID: 0x046D
Product ID: 0xC283
Device Name : WingMan Strike Force 3D
Vendor ID: 0x046D
Product ID: 0xC285
Device Name : Cyborg Evo Force
Vendor Id : 0x06A3
Product Id : 0xFFB5
I don’t have the
Device Name: Logitech Flight System G940 HOTAS
Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor ID: 0x046D
Product ID: 0xC287
@Hutchings Just a suggestion. Have you guys reached out to large streamers like Lirik and offered them a chance to play the early game. He has a large (30k+) diverse audience of people who watch him daily.
I am a fan of the Aegis ship designs in SC and their cropped tail fins would suit that. In your concept view the lines of your air intakes sweep down to its ‘belly’ and then sweeps up the back to what could be short tail fins.