That’s… a sunset, isn’t it Hutch?
Didn’t we have a talk about sunsets? 
That’s… a sunset, isn’t it Hutch?
Didn’t we have a talk about sunsets? 
Planet or Moon ? Or both are volcanic ?
That sure looks like the volcanic moon in the video though.
Apologies, tis a moon. I’ve been building the Volcanic Planet texture pack, as such, I became terribly confused.
Still teasing, even when apologising ! I like your style 
1Day and 19Hours to go until Kickstarter launch!
Here’s another short glimpse of the Hellion Corvette leaving the surface of a habitable moon.
COoOOOOL!!! What are the little squares popping up at 0:16?? Are they pointing to other players?
Good catch. They indicate points of interest on the surface, including planetary bodies and other players yes. The flashing indicates they are out of view. (other side of the moon)
Time to analyse the pixels!
@INovaeFlavien is that some sort of patch/lighting issue?
@Hutchings, you have a misspelling in the title “Takoff”.
lol, and to think it took you guys a long time to notice the cockpit frames in the screenshots a few days back, ha!
Video title was changed right after upload, I guess it didn’t get applied to everything? Interesting YouTube feature…
As for the surface feature you’ve noticed, it’s more than likely due to subterranean fault lines beneath the mountain range that have since become inactive and are experiencing full collapse… that, or the procedural algorithms used for that particular feature don’t blend as well as the others just yet 
Sounds legit. Let’s go with that. 
![]()
You don’t fly up to orbit you fly sideways!! 
Nerf antigravity buff physics!
Awesome video!
Some quick comments on stuff that stood out for me.
Power up sound: Very cool.
Thruster sound: Needs refinement.
Drive sound: Initially, I’m nonplussed, but it might grow on me.
Acceleration from thrusters: A smoother departure would have made a better demo. That abrupt departure makes me nervous that I won’t have precision control during docking and close maneuvering.
Position and orientation of ship in frame: Needs to be more dynamic
Visuals: Awesome as always
The position/orientation thing has always been present in the videos, going back to the 2010 technology demo video, and it has always irked me. I’d like to see the ship rotate and shift in the view as the player accelerates. If this is planned, then I’m very much looking forward to it. Having the ship sit fixed in frame makes it look like a sprite. I mention this because it seems like a pretty important demo feature, it’s straightforward to implement - but it hasn’t been implemented.
I used turbo to take off because I am a leadfoot… Flavien didn’t like that part either but I guess I am just rebellious…
You are not alone in that sentiment, however, there are some things we just didn’t have time to play with.
[quote=“JB47394, post:1580, topic:582”]
I mention this because it seems like a pretty important demo feature, it’s straightforward to implement - but it hasn’t been implemented.[/quote]
It’s absolutely not straightforward to implement. I already did some experiments and it’s much more work intensive that you could imagine for such a simple feature. So I ran out of time for the KS to implement it properly.
Beautiful video, but that static, glued camera makes it kinda stiff and rapid acceleration is not what people expect, so it can easily break immersion.
The famous 2010 video made some people cry, because it was absolutely mesmerizing (music helped a lot, though) and extremely immersive. Seamless tech was only one of many aspects that caused dropped jaws.
I still think they should just make a remake of that old video. It blew our minds and nothing after that came close. Hopefully Kickstarter videos will change that.
Jaw-dropping
lol, and to think it took you guys a long time to notice the cockpit frames in the screenshots a few days back, ha!
Wait what screenshot?
yeah, you’ll like the main KS video then
I’ve watched it hundreds of times now…
If you compare the old 2010 demo to the latest screenshots and videos you can clearly see just how far they’ve come. Nothing else I’ve seen in any game of any type comes anywhere NEAR what Battlscape can do. It would take me weeks possibly even months to build such vast 3D scenes with such detail and realism, but here the I-Novae software can do it automatically and in real time. This engine is truly remarkable; I can hardly wait for the KS and the trailer.