I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

Oh come on, placeholder pages don’t need to be responsive. Theres more important work to do.

2 Likes

LIke fixing the final page… But do they?

My humble advice: Don’t get hung up on minor unimportant details. Or you might end up like star citizen which polishes it’s shitty demos like theirs no tommorow and the funds never end. :wink:

2 Likes

It looks so real …those clouds add just so much guys.

Gorgeous screenshots, though the clouds are experimental they do improve the look of the screenshots and makes everything feel far more complete. The suspense is now palpable, and like everyone else I can’t wait!

This engine is so gorgeous!

A quick question: Does I-Novae engine allow for seamless transition from star to star as well?

1 Like

Yes, but that won’t be an option in Battlescape.

2 Likes

Truly? That puts the seamlessness of I-Novae at a different level altogether.
ED - though I love it - does it by putting up loading screens in front of your face.
Smoke and mirror seamlessness.

4 Likes

Exactly. When I fly from star to star in E:D, it always feels like I’m navigating a very complicated 3d map instead of actually flying there with my space ship.

1 Like

AFAIK, the whole Galaxy can be visited seamlessly. Stars on the other edge of the galaxy which might be bright enough to be rendered in the “starfield skybox” should be visitable in a seamless manner. Ofcourse there will be some kind of LOD… when the maps turn to actual 3d-Objects and so on…
But if I get the INovae team right, thats the idea beyond I:B. And I even could imagine that in theory the I:B engine might already be capable of this…

Yeah, I think that depending on funding or how well the game does post launch, they might add more planetary systems. I guess we’ll know for certain once the kick-starter launches.

Do we know if we’ll be able to go to other stars in sandbox mode?

[quote=“Parisbre56, post:1476, topic:582”]
Yeah, I think that depending on funding or how well the game does post launch, they might add more planetary systems.[/quote]

Unless the KS raises millions I’m pretty sure additional solar systems will not be added to Battlescape.
The engine is capable (ignoring multiplayer issues), but it’s a lot of work to create engaging gameplay to make use of the space that you make accessible.

On the other hand, I suspect this is much more likely.

1 Like

“sandbox” mode will take place within a single solar system. Galaxy generation/hyperspace travel/celestial mechanics are all beyond the scope of the Battlescape project, but of course would be further developed for any future MMO.

4 Likes

Will there be an additional MMO kickstarter milestone just in case you will raise far more than expected and needed for battlecape? Like say: 10+ million.

1 Like

Will “sandbox” mode be a free camera or will the user still pilot a ship?

No, the Kickstarter can only be for one project, Battlescape.

The plan for single player sandbox/exploration mode is you get to fly around the Battlescape solar system in any ships that are player controlled.

3 Likes

@INovaeGene: Are cockpit views planned for battlescape? So far all the newer videos only featured an external view.
Maybe if thats the case you could post a small screenshot of a cockpit view to sweeten the time until the kickstarter starts? :smiley: :smiley:

Pleaseeeeee :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes pleeeeease cockpit screenshot!

btw playbenni: I think they will add a cockpit, in the kickstarter rewards thread is talk of a procedural planet cockpit bobble-head, so there must be a cockpit then…

2 Likes

The cockpit is one of their most well kept secrets … they even said they had them in some of the ship models but removed them for screenshots. I would expect to see it Soon™ though.

4 Likes

It’s not really a secret, we just have limited content to show and wanted to save some things for the KS.

3 Likes