I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

It took me a while to realize that we are looking down to the surface of a planet (see the shadows of the clouds) instead of being in the atmosphere. Looking good.

1 Like

It is named ibs_countdownsplash3.jpg… hm. :smiley:

3 Likes

Its the third iteration of this image, not one of 3 images.

There is a bit more above and below, not a whole lot of fancy stuff.

1 Like

Screenshots!

We posted some early volcanic planet screenshots a while back, here are some with updated materials and textures. The clouds are EXPERIMENTAL still :wink:

18 Likes

I’m not sure why, but I found those screenshots remarkably powerful - more so than previous volcanic screenies. The lighting and contrast is excellent and the glow from the lava is quite eerie!

3 Likes

Still loving the experimental clouds :wink: And of course everything below them.

1 Like

I totally agree. The last one is my favorite screenshot so far. There’s just something about it that gives it so much “realism” and presence and … If someone told me this was from NASA I would’ve believed it for a minute.

2 Likes

the last one :heart_eyes:

Now your babying me now I want clouds. /burp

Problem is that it looks good in some views, but crap in others :frowning:

2 Likes

And Flavien’s next job will be as head of marketing… :wink:

9 Likes

Humility is a rare thing to see in the games industry, you’d be surprised how far it gets you sometimes :smiley:

2 Likes

Just make a giant overlay appear when people approach that says “temporary under construction”. You know, since Slartibartfast is so busy with those fiddly bits around Norway.

3 Likes

I must admit, I prefer Bill Nighy as Slartibartfast, but that’s just me…

1 Like

Checked the Battlescape page after your post. And it was even more broken than all the time before…

How is it more broken?

On mobile, even requesting the desktop page, things do look a bit… Chunky… Haven’t checked on a PC yet.

By the way… When you guys initiate the KS, you may want to get in touch with Logan Booker from Kotaku. He’s the guy who wrote the ‘What ever happened to infinity’ article awhile back. Would be an excellent source of publicity. .

3 Likes

And the rest of those folks… E.G. Scott Manley, who I can’t imagine won’t be enthusiastic.

[quote=“INovaeKeith, post:1461, topic:582, full:true”]
How is it more broken?
[/quote]Maybe he means that the picture is growing on him the more he looks at it.

@INovaeKeith

And here’s Jonny!, Thanks for sorting my account out.

The screen shots posted at the top sure are impressive.

1 Like

Thats what it looks when entering the page:

Thats what it looks when you try to understand what is going on:

3 Likes