I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

The intention is to have this gameplay in the base game. Complexity of said gameplay and the fidelity of the art used to immerse the players will increase as funding increases.

1 Like

As the problem seems to be local to you, maybe you could try clearing your cookies for that site and then trying again?

That’s worked for me in the past when sites have mysteriously broken.

Could you ask an admin to look into this for me please. Maybe change the R to a normal one if that’s the problem. I cannot appear to see my account or contact anyone about it. I can only seem to post in this one thread. Thank you.

@INovaeKeith, @codinghorror, Help!?

@JonnyƦedHed how did you create the account? Did you just paste the Ʀ into the username field or did you do anything special?

I’ll report this on meta.discourse.org

It may not be a Discourse bug. Account creation runs through our website, we write new accounts directly to the Discourse DB, and it’s possible that Discourse doesn’t allow certain unicode characters that our main site doesn’t have a problem with. I’ll investigate this weekend.

1 Like

According to my investigations, Discourse does not support that weird “R” character. In fact Discourse simply fails at accessing this user’s information, the link isn’t valid due to the unicode character.

I guess that technically makes it a bug both for us and Discourse. I’m surprised they don’t allow unicode characters but we certainly shouldn’t let through characters they don’t support :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

@hrobertson
Oops my bad. I just do it without thinking, using the special Ʀ.

@INovaeKeith
Can you fix the bug or change my user name to a normal capital R. Or do you need to totally delete the account so it lets me re-create it again with the same email but this time with just the normal R.

Sorry for messing things up.

Off the wall idea:

One of the stretch goals is a movie making tool, so we Infinity fans can pimp the game for all it’s worth to all ours friends/youtube/etc.

2 Likes

Not sure if that should really be integrated in the engine.
There are other movie making tools out there (Adobde comes first into mind, but there are others) quite well developped and ahead. Video capture could be interesting, especially if you can get high-quality source with a relatively low disk space usage. But even that can be made with a third-party tool.

The ability to have the camera outside the cockpit, with some degree of rotation / movement liberty (something you can achieve on Skyrim with the console for instance) will definitely help for making a movie, however.

1 Like

I also suggested that in the kickstarters tiers thread! Free moving camera feature would be awesome

I was thinking mainly camera and asset controls.

1 Like

Main Post Updated!

Go to “Top” to view all the screenshots we’ve posted to date, or follow the link below.

5 Likes

You know what would be awesome this sunday? A screenshot of the kickstarter page. With a link. :wink:

3 Likes

The launch date comes first, according to Flavien.

2 Likes

I’m trying to decide were the best place to find out when the kickstarter date is set. In the community section or on the Battlescape address? Also how many places it will be announced?

We will be emailing it to you, announcing it on twitter, announcing it on our website, and posting it here.

3 Likes

Checked the Battlescape page. Found these:

(My yes, take them. All of them. And my money.)

(Awesome logo is awesome.)

4 Likes

I’m Glad you like, wouldn’t say graphic design is my first specialty, we all have to wear a lot of hats.

4 Likes

Hand drawn space battles are the best :grin:
Is there more to that image? I’m a sucker for the old 70s style sci fi art with what can only be described as Bullet Hell.

3 Likes