I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

Man I’d be happy to just have a Kickstarter by the end of 2016.

Given current leakage, I wouldn’t be surprised if a KS was scheduled for 2015. The presentation video seems to be undergoing work, and I don’t see it being reworked a year after.

Then again, maybe I’m too optimistic :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sitting here in my great-uncle Pete’s farmhouse up in Maine on my family’s vacation, looking forward to a lobster dinner and a screeny. :smile:

6 Likes

Faster and faster…

A very special devteam prototype play-test took place yesterday. It was the first time we got to experience the planetary engine in a multiplayer environment, and damn was it fun. Yeah we got to do a little planet side dogfighting, some formation flight, and all the pew pews… but just being able to experience the engine as intended was a real eye opener.

The test, which lasted for more than 2 hours, gave us a true sense of the kind of scale the I-Novae engine provides. Huge, Immense, massive… the words don’t begin to describe how big the planet feels as you skim along it’s surface, fly at high altitude, or break out of atmosphere and achieve a high orbit…

I had a selection of other screenshots ready for this weekend, but instead of releasing those we’ve decided to release some of the orbital screenshots taken in yesterday’s play-test. They can be seen below :wink: Of course we’ll have more content to show you guys during the Kickstarter. Planet surfaces, concepts, “other goodies,” live streams… yeah, it’s happening.

Enjoy!

19 Likes

7 Likes

Awesome. Almost as tasty to the eyes as was my lobster dinner was to my stomach. :smile:

4 Likes

That second screenshot is incredible. i love the sunset(ha!) combined with seeing the inner part of the galaxy.

Is there some map mode or way to view your vector so that you know that you are in orbit compared to something like a suborbital trajectory? Do cockpit instruments work? :smiley:

Edit: @Arkenbrien

1 Like

FTFY. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Nice!!!

How about that Kickstarter then…? :wink:

2 Likes

There is no up or down in space! You have no way of knowing!

2 Likes

Those shots were so good my computer didn’t want to hand them over to the monitor!

There is none of that yet.

1 Like

Hnngh!!!

I want me some of this! :expressionless:

3 Likes

omg those textures

It looks fantastic, i can’t wait to play this game ! :smiley:

1 Like

Expertly crafted by our very own artisans, @INovaeGene and @INovaeAndre , with loving support from the rest of the team.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

My body is ready

5 Likes

It’s looking mighty fine. :ok_hand:

Hard to get a sense of scale from static screenies though. A gif sequence would sort that :smiley: :pray:

3 Likes

Will (hopefully subtle) motion blur, lens flares and particle/thruster effects reappear?

I suspect we are going to be spoiled with videos soon.