I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

I know its the 5th but…will we see some fireworks in the screenshots today? :smiley:

1 Like

Ok, today’s screenshots, Daytime / Night-time (sunset) You can embrace my sunset addiction, admitting the problem exists is the first step :wink: Denying it’s actually a problem… that’s where I am now… I’m hoping after you see this weeks shots, you’ll agree!

Side note… the power went out at my place about 2 hours ago, so I’m currently sitting in a coffee shop on the other side of town on my laptop… listening to the rest of the guys play the most recent version of the Battlescape Prototype… I hope you’re happy, power company…

Sunny coastal mountain range, mid-day. (EXPERIMENTAL CLOUDS)

Same coastal mountain range, late evening. (EXPERIMENTAL CLOUDS)

8 Likes

I like the before and after idea! I suppose we can excuse the sunset version because there is a nonsunset one too. I was disappointed with the lack of fireworks so I added my own…I hope you don’t mind! :wink:

Also, those clouds, however experimental, look awesome! I really like that bay as well…I’d like it to be my evil secret moon base if I could…

Care to share what might be happening on the BS prototype? :smile:

Edit: I’m confused why the image isn’t showing…it worked at first and then changed to “view on imgur”

Edit2: Fixed…

4 Likes

Congrats! Let’s give @Hutchings a hand! Admitting a problem is hard!

I think the first step should be to stop labeling these as sunsets, and instead call them sunrises. :wink:


On a more serious not, those clouds work wonders, especially in the sensss… sunrise. Seriously, clouds are a big deal. You might even consider tacking on *something* if the volumetric stuff isn’t out when it is released.

3 Likes

that color palette is just perfect.
It looks like our earth.
And clouds are really nice.

2 Likes

That sunset brings out that mountain in the background.
The clouds are good but I want the game first. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I really love those experimental clouds :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Ok stop teasing me now. Please just take my money.

2 Likes

Yay clouds! Don’t even care if they’re experimental!

It’s been a busy week, and things are really coming together.
Rough cuts for the live action portion of the KS videos were viewed for the first time today, and our “cinematic” video is getting close to complete.

Screenshot from the main KS planet.

11 Likes

I’m assuming that’s the desert moon…it looks like a yellow minmus!

3 Likes

Now I want to know what the solar system looks like. Who is orbiting whom?

2 Likes

This looks fantastic! best shot so far,

1 Like

This is so pretty.
Time to change the wallpaper again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hypedrive engaging.

1 Like

Friendship drive engage

2 Likes

I took a moment to remember that this is all computer-generated scenery. It’s just amazing.

Weird-looking rainbow though.

1 Like

Heresy! Heliocentric cultists of Galileo are not welcome here.

Surely the Gas Giant is supposed to be at the center in that pic.

1 Like

I wish you could render those screenshots in oversize… So that a Dual Full HD Setup could use it as wallpaper…

It is geocentric in terms of coordinates ( which you can’t see so it doesn’t matter to you anyway ). In terms of logic it is good; there’s the sun, far away, then the gas giant ( a bit larger than Jupiter ), then a bunch of moons orbitting the gas giant. The Earth-like planet and its rings are one of the gas giant’s moons. AFAIK the system setup is realistic ( respects the Roche limit etc… ).

3 Likes