Hmm, I guess the reason is… (sign)… floating point imprecision the further you are from the absolute source.
So I guess that means each planet will have its own geocentric coordinate system acting as a arena in Battlescape. With extra arenas in case of direct contact between traveling fleets of ships.
Though to what Gene was responding was my post regarding day-night cycle which we have never seen with any version of I-Novae Engine. Not even moons orbiting around planets. Only Gas Giants around themselves… kinda.
Alright, so this week I don`t have an in engine screenshot for you. However, I’m sure you’ll like what I have instead?
@INovaeAndre has been working on some early concepts for Infinity: Battlescape.
What you’re seeing is one of his Heavy Interceptor concepts. This is still a work in progress WIP so keep that in mind, but expect to see a lot more during the KS Campaign
I like that far more than the stuff I’ve seen in other space games. Star Citizen has these awful planar elements all over the ships, while Elite:Dangerous has ships that are simply uninspiring. You’ve got something that looks like a functioning mechanical object. It has a solid feel to it. I also like the color scheme, though I’d prefer some lighter elements to be worked in.
While this looks very nice, I really wish we had centurean styles already. This deltean fraction looks far too similar to all existing space-art. What I’d really love to see is those HQ-models with the beautiful atmospheric colors on matte white platings.
Uh, Oh…
Ehm… I thought SFC was boxy and industrial/rusty…
This looks angular, carefully craftet, even aerodynamical… All properties I would expect to see at Deltan ships.
We have 3 concept artists, they all don’t like to follow the “rules” rigidly. Also, we have significantly increased the tri-counts of all ships, so that does impact our ship designs as well.
I think some smallish SFC ships would naturally have similarities to Deltan designs. The SFC is a split from the Deltan Empire so they have the same cultural root, and the SFC ship manufacturers are independent corporations who are free to design their ships however they see fit.
You wouldn’t expect all SFC ships to follow a unified design aesthetic when they are coming from different manufacturers.