I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

Look we got new picture

… i would say, he is cured from that Sunset fever
… it looks really inviting …just sit down and take…never mind …
well…nice toilet anyway.

6 Likes

Now that i think about it… isn’t that some kind of hint…you know planetary feature perhaps?

seriously …

10 Likes

the lighting on the ship in that image is all wrong, doesn’t belong in the scene.

10 Likes

That’s no spaceship… that’s a waste station…

10 Likes

Dark matter depot?

2 Likes

A place to release the expansive dark energy

2 Likes

oh man :fearful:
We are caught in flush swirl it’s pulling us in! :grinning:

5 Likes

So, it’s Canada Day, which is not entirely unlike a Sunday. Right @Hutchings? Eh? Eh?

1 Like

Hey, @Hutchings, you tweeted this image a few days ago. Is it something that the current engine can create? You mentioned that it is “from the past”…

I realize that clouds in the current engine are experimental/temporary regardless.

As with the spaceship on the surface, this one again brings to mind paperback science fiction covers. It looks like a painting. Beautiful image.

Oh, and the wreckage on the planet looks like a surface installation to me. I don’t see a crashed ship because of the fact that the wreckage is dominated by relatively lightweight spars and beams.

1 Like

And then there is Independence Day, then Bastille Day…
Now that’s a precedent I want to see!

1 Like

Harmonic flowing curves, bright, clean and somewhat ceramic texture. Centauran faction confirmed for Battlescape.

4 Likes

Those are pieces of space station debris Dan threw on the planet. I don’t think he was concerning himself what would make it through reentry when setting up the screenshots.

6 Likes

When the shuttle exploded they found a tape that was being recorded with the shuttle exploding on it.
On that point I can beleave (spellchecker failure) any thing can make it.

That’s actually one of the first screenshots I took in engine. Still sticks out as a favorite for me, and yes, I could probably replicate it again if I wanted to. :slight_smile:

By replicate, do you mean set up a similar scene (which would be nice), or that the location it originated from is still available (which would be awesome)?

Because if you can set it up to be a legitimate side-by-side comparison showing what progress has been made in the engine, absolutely do it. I want to see.

Believe. Your point came across regardless, but thought you might want to know.

I would turn on experimental clouds, set up the star temp / intensity, find a similar location on the same planet, and then tweak a few things to get the desired look. Nothing major, however finding the same valley would be the most difficult part.

Differences would probably be quite minor though, some surface materials have been changed etc, but it probably wouldn’t be too noticeable. More effort is going into other things atm :wink:

You realize this means that procedural geo-tagging is now a stretch goal requirement right? Honestly, why would you create more work for the devs? :wink:

6 Likes

I want to geo-tag that asteroid with the eyes. >:)

1 Like

My point exactly. With screenshots of different locations each week, the differences are entirely invisible to at least part of your audience (i.e. me), with screenshots of the same location quite some time apart we (I) might actually be able to tell a change has happened.

And don’t undersell yourself. A few changed surface materials, some minor tweak to atmospheric scattering, someone having spent a bored afternoon messing around with the experimental clouds: these things can add up to making a big difference. Or not, only one way to find out!

1 Like