I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

Other then several gods claiming this is there handy work,
It’s not that the ships are bad it’s that the planets are too good. >:(

1 Like

Any landing you can walk away from is a good one…
Any landing that someone can walk away from is good for that someone…
Everyone else pretty much agreed that the landing sucked…if they were still capable of agreeing

The flip side is that no one signs up for Starfleet to become road warriors :frowning:. I hope their distress beacon was properly serviced.

1 Like

Max Max? Okay that sounds like a cheesy comedy movie name :stuck_out_tongue:.

2 Likes

@INovaeKeith
As a long-time follow of Infinity (I’ve got videos & screenshots going back to 2007) I do NOT understand why people are criticising any of your screenshots - they all look flippin awesome to me. :slight_smile:

I can only imagine that Infinity has attracted a high concentration of graphics programming geeks, due to the awesome Infinity Dev Blogs of past years. Please make sure to remember that these people do not even vaguely resemble your average Kickstarter backer!

As I’ve said before, you worry far too much about graphical fidelity, and not enough about gameplay. Graphics are relatively easy to upgrade later, after your game has been a commercial hit (and so you have the money to spend on it), but it’s not going to be a hit if the gameplay is shallow.

6 Likes

Well, we worry about both, we want both to be high quality/deep etc… It just so happens it has been easier for us to show you graphics over gameplay up to this point in time.

7 Likes

Okay, @Hutchings, whatchugot? :smiley:

Is it some mid day re-dos of previous screenys? Or something far, far more amazing? :wink:

1 Like

Well, the content for this weekend is more than likely going to be postponed until next week. Instead we’re going to have some information on the past weeks events, most likely in the form of a blog post later today.

Edit - Keith just posted a link to our latest project blog. Check it out here.

6 Likes

I initially was going to reply saying I cannot like that post due to NY dismay of being unable to see shinies…but shiny words are even better! Awesome, thanks for the update!

PS: will we get shiny pictures in the blog? :wink:

1 Like

Kinda, you get photos of some of the Devs :wink:

4 Likes

So, any chance that you’ll mix things up properly next week and give us some photos of sunrises?

7 Likes

Not even a joke with black holes on that ? I’m disapointed… ;D

1 Like

Look how patiently I’m waiting for this weeks screen shots!

*Refreshes page. Refreshes page again. And again.*

5 Likes

Quick, throw some ads on this thread. Arkenbrein’s weekly ad imprints alone will fund the project.

11 Likes

Should I take some pictures of sunsets from my roof?

6 Likes

Not sunsets this week, we instead continue with the theme from 2 weeks ago. Wasteland.

Lets get up close and personal with that distant debris.

18 Likes

Kinda looks like an old colony, overrun by the sand

//might be a crashed ship but iunno how the railings in the second part fits into that, plus there are something that looks like antennas in the first picture, if it was spaceborn at some point it most likely looks like a satellite then.

Or I’m just completely wrong and it’s just a crashed ship.

2 Likes

Ok I see three weapon looking things a fence looking thing and a box looking thing and some trash. Every thing is tanned (dust?) but that black mark on the right.

1 Like

The length of a battle round can be determined from the amount of wreckage found on planets in Battlescape? I guess it depends on scavenging being implemented.

1 Like

All we need now is a space equivalent of the Doof Wagon and the Gigahorse :smiley:

Continues to post Planetset picture.

Well… baby steps.

4 Likes