If it was real, yes. But it’s not, it’s a simulation picture, computer generated.
Were being watched!!! 8(
Down in front!
Xamino fetches water from the stream for dinner. His crafty den of fir branches has joined the campsite. Taking a moment to watch the water, the word “gif” suddenly springs to mind.
I don’t know why it took me a day to figure out the joke.
Someone parked Starbug in the way. It really needs to be stowed away in the landing bay.
This week, have a look at some of our early Volcanic textures and materials.
Disclaimer: Art pipeline only, not in I-Novae Engine, these are Work in progress screenshots captured using Quixel software tools and represent what we’re aiming to achieve in the I-Novae Engine.
The whole set of Volcanic textures isn’t shown here, but this should give you some idea of what to expect in the future.
![]()
Lava moon confirmed. 
Oh, and @Hutchings I am not stalking this page. Honest.
… I’m having trouble identifying what that round thing in the background is. Lens effects?
Aye, that would be lens effects.
Also, I’m glad you’re stalking the page, rather, it should be expected 
If I didn’t know any better I’d say you were implying that something even juicier is coming soon… 
Cool. Will there be transparency? Like icy asteroids? What about big asteroids like 50-200km in diamater? Would be cool to have procedural caves in them like this one.
We have transparency but I believe what you’re referring to is a more complicated technique known as sub-surface scattering. We have yet to implement that which is why our ice/snow tends to look a bit like white/gray/bluish plastic at the moment.
Those are some sick lava textures
Great job! I especially like the solidified lava in the middle. Will we see some molten and glowing cracks in it?
Nice! I see a couple of things: Lens flare, depth of field, a bit of sharpening, displacement mapping… Can’t wait to see this in a video!
Lets just hope all of those are individually togglable in the options, i REALLY hate when i can’t or they’re bundled into a single option.
Woah Daammmnn! If the effects even look half that good in game, I’ll be very satisfied.
Noooooo! Not depth of field!
Hrm - sorry, survival instinct short-circuited my brain for a moment. But as long as it’s individually tooglable and ideally off by default, we should be fine.
Those are nice lava textures, can’t wait to see what you will do to planets with those!
Also, it feels like there is volcanic ash in the air between the ship and the camera.
Well, the effect isn’t produced in the I-Novae engine, or any I-Novae tool for that image
Some of us are using Quixel / Substance tools etc for asset production, these shots were taken by @INovaeAndre in one of their tools.
These are working shots that you can expect will be representative of what we’re eventually wanting to get in the I-Novae Engine, and you should expect to see some screenshots incorporating these and other materials in the near future. Especially as the back-end tools, and our production pipelines, become more refined.
That looks like alive.
Amazing guys
Will there be a fluid simulation for the lava?, similar to the one in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSOQGazo7Oo
Skip to 2:23 to see lava.