I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

So good…That is def the mining colony.

Hey Hutch. Digging the pics. Just wanted to say “I’m aroused.”

5 Likes

Get your “toys” now before the kickstarter comes out. You’ve been warned!!!

1 Like

Following the flavour of last weeks post, another screenshot of the planetary buildings. Factory structure in the foreground.

@InovaeKimmo also produced this in Engine Gif :wink:

A looping version can be found at: GIF by inovaekimmo | Gfycat

14 Likes

You owe me a new keyboard. This one has drool all over it.

:wink:

… kidding. Muchas cookies for you.

Super nit-picky - the inside of the cockpit is not being lit up when the light hits the glass on its side.

Since we’re being nitpicky I’ll get something off my chest. I am fully aware that this is all WIP and not meant to be taken as a 100% representation of the coming things.

Whenever a planet surface is viewable in a close up fashion as in your last image, it seems overly glossy, as if every planet were made of colored plastic. Is this still WIP or will we just never see a planet that close in the Battlescape video?

To me it looks like some icy material. But yeah. Perhaps less gloss would look better. Is it a glossy material on purpose or is something else happening there that we should know of?

Other than that everything looks super awesome. Especially that garage scene :smiley:

We are not showing the cockpit at this time.

Whenever a planet surface is viewable in a close up fashion as in your last image, it seems overly glossy, as if every planet were made of colored plastic.

WIP textures/materials + no foliage contributes to that look.

7 Likes

Also keep in mind the cockpit might have a coating on it that prevent large amounts of light in. :shrug:

Thats a sand material, which is slightly too glossy at the moment. You usually don’t notice it since the ocean obscures it, but Dan turned the ocean off for this shot.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, why turn off the ocean? Too much interfering with the global shot?

Due to a minor bug, lights in the scene were causing visual “issues,” as such, the ocean had to be temporarily removed :wink: The screenshots still came out looking good though.

2 Likes

So that video was kinda cool. Reminded me of the alien movies. I do like the darkness of the shadows.

1 Like

I live in Brazil and did not know this project so far, where you will shortly announce the Kickstarter This Game? I wonder why I would like to participate when it is released. thank you.

Interesting to know how you found out about this project?

I went into the site, but there contact does not work, so I went on facebook.

Hello @jairtj and welcome to the I-Novae Community :wink:

I think @IllOO meant how you found out the site (a friend told you about, saw it somehwere on Google, …)? It’s always interesting to see how the word spread out.

Speaking about the KickStarter project: it has been so far delayed a few times. So for the moment, the dev team’s deadline is: it will be ready when it’s ready ^^
Hopefully, they’re nearing completion and we should see the official KS launch in the near future.

As to why you should participate in the KS … well, I think the KS presentation will give you plenty of good reasons to do so. Nonetheless, if you don’t want to skim this forum to find out (which is understandable), here are a few good reasons:

  • Seamless landing on planets. There’s no loading or transition periods when entering atmosphere.
  • Procedural planets. Plenty of different types of planets.
  • Huge universe. There’s plenty to discover.
  • Some spaceships. With pew pew. Because it’s good fun :wink:
  • A realistic-oriented gameplay, with great graphism.

This is not extensive, but they are the main reasons to come right now to my mind. Anyway, the KS will give even better reasons and in a more complete fashion, I’m sure!

To avoid confusion, the goal is to have a believable (but fun) system.
So Newtonian movement in space but a simple aerodynamic system in atmosphere (with engines that powerful, no-one needs wings).
Believable planets (as far as we know what exoplanets should look like) with realistic size and placement, but FTL-equiped ships to avoid needing (literally) days or months to go for one place or another.
Ships with real physics as far as engine placement and such go, but looking like SF ships we know and love instead of rockets - and no (extremely) limited fuel/propellant for thrusters like today’s rockets do, and comparatively awesome acceleration.

Welcome, and hope you enjoy your stay! :smiley:

Although the KS will be for Battlescape which will be set within a single solar system.