I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

I had forgotten about that. Thanks for reminding me.

:frowning: grumbel grumbel grumbel grumbel grumbel grumbel grumbel Grumbel grumbel grumbel grumbel grumbel grumbel grumbel grumbel grumbel !!!

Yeah, enough we the teasing, now give us some screenshots!

1 Like

Another screenshot today, nothing crazy, just something a little pleasing to the eye. :smile:

14 Likes

Need

Moving

Images

Can’t

Contain

HYPE!!

1 Like

My mind has been lost for 15 minutes in that screenshot. Simply beautiful.

3 Likes

Very soon :wink:

5 Likes

Any chance of defeating this: http://imgur.com/IhrAFYM ???

The rings just don’t seem right? Are they supposed to be like that?
I don’t know why but this catches my eye and I can’t stop seeing it! it cannot be unseen!

Pretty please!

The rings aren’t right, but I’ll ask: How do you think they’re supposed to look? And how would you suggest they be “fixed”?

2 Likes

It feels as if the atmosphere isn’t scattering the rings enough. It is towards the bottom, but I feel they should be less visible.

Other than that, breathtaking as usual.

1 Like

That’s a problem related to the order of rendering transparent objects. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn’t. We’ll address that at a later development stage ( we’re too busy with the KS right now ) :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Apart from the rings piercing the atmosphere, it is a great screenshot. I really like how the evening/morning side of the planet is tinted in red.

2 Likes

It has got to be soon! It’s a challenge to wait so long for something that’s this good, but then again I’ve waited about 6 years thus far so I guess I can wait a little longer. The wait will be more than worth it when this succeeds though, and when I’m all set with my fleet I’ll crush my enemies and see them driven before me.

1 Like

When the campaign launches I am extremly curious too see how the public/press/media will react. I hope to see thousands od clueless NMS fanboys wondering where this much, much, much cooler game suddenly came from.
In the end I believe it is the right strategy to keep everything under the hood and release everything with a bang. Compared to E:D, SC or NMS, I:B is a absolute no-name atm. So I am realy excited to watch the reaction to this. As far as the playtest went, I have a good feeling, just make sure to clarify your real ambitions after I:B and the people will go nuts.

5 Likes

Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) does have a weird fanbase. But I guess so does IBS.

Curious is a curious word for this situation. But yeah, me too.

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t always get all subtleties of english, what do you mean with “no-name” in this case ? Thanks :smile:

It means that nobody knows the name. An unknown entity.

1 Like

I’ve also playtestested the Battlescape prototype. I may be a bit biased but, it’s really good.

Keep your eyes open, I think something big is going to happen soon.

9 Likes

I hope you are right, but feel you aren’t.
It could be dangerous.

They should try to get more visible slowly and ramp up the hype.
Since we don’t know when they want to Launch the campaign it is hard to say when is the right time.

But… by the way, why in SpaceSimCentral recent post, you guys have not posted any image ?
That is mystery for me.

I just linked this thread on those forums.

Does I-Novae have consider the idea of “sharing the secret and preparing the come” of the campain with a really exposed media as IGN for example ? I can easily imagine IGN helping Inovae to enlarge its visibility when the campain will begin …