I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

It has got to be soon! It’s a challenge to wait so long for something that’s this good, but then again I’ve waited about 6 years thus far so I guess I can wait a little longer. The wait will be more than worth it when this succeeds though, and when I’m all set with my fleet I’ll crush my enemies and see them driven before me.

1 Like

When the campaign launches I am extremly curious too see how the public/press/media will react. I hope to see thousands od clueless NMS fanboys wondering where this much, much, much cooler game suddenly came from.
In the end I believe it is the right strategy to keep everything under the hood and release everything with a bang. Compared to E:D, SC or NMS, I:B is a absolute no-name atm. So I am realy excited to watch the reaction to this. As far as the playtest went, I have a good feeling, just make sure to clarify your real ambitions after I:B and the people will go nuts.

5 Likes

Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) does have a weird fanbase. But I guess so does IBS.

Curious is a curious word for this situation. But yeah, me too.

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t always get all subtleties of english, what do you mean with “no-name” in this case ? Thanks :smile:

It means that nobody knows the name. An unknown entity.

1 Like

I’ve also playtestested the Battlescape prototype. I may be a bit biased but, it’s really good.

Keep your eyes open, I think something big is going to happen soon.

9 Likes

I hope you are right, but feel you aren’t.
It could be dangerous.

They should try to get more visible slowly and ramp up the hype.
Since we don’t know when they want to Launch the campaign it is hard to say when is the right time.

But… by the way, why in SpaceSimCentral recent post, you guys have not posted any image ?
That is mystery for me.

I just linked this thread on those forums.

Does I-Novae have consider the idea of “sharing the secret and preparing the come” of the campain with a really exposed media as IGN for example ? I can easily imagine IGN helping Inovae to enlarge its visibility when the campain will begin …

I think guys like that get 1k emails a day, you need some connections to just have your email read.

1 Like

999 of these emails won’t come with inovae’s prototype. Thus try costs nothing, fortunately :wink:

I personnally think that this kind of exposure is a must have for a studio with this potential

Isn’t that what support / community managers do? For now they have to do it themselves, hopefully they can employ someone in the near future with a successful kickstarter.

I also felt that I was a bit biased in thinking that it was too awesome.

There were times when I couldn’t wipe a stupid smile off my face.

Nobody reads those 1000 emails is my point, doesn’t really matter who writes them. You need private emails for the guys and those are not public, hence you need connections.

Or you could be Braben or Roberts, in that case they are the ones writing to you. :wink:

Yeah, it’s going to be a challenge for us.

1 Like

I smell a Kickstarter round the corner :smiley: Though I still remember the last time it was rumoured to be coming… and the time before that! But THIS TIME…!

In all seriousness, after the various false starts (yet definite progress), it will be fantastic to see this finally take the leap of public funding.

1 Like

I am usually that guy who always says that:
just because others are doing something, does not meant you should do that too.

But …erm…lets make exception this time. :smile:

Everyone uses Spacesimcentral as the spotlight and posts as many screens, gifs and videos it is annoying sometimes. :smiley:

Guys please don’t be afraid to show the Infinity.

“To create a connection, you can wait until it comes, like a miracle, or try to make it happen” is my point. However, not sure an email is enough here. Where’s the headquarter of IGN ? :smiley:

Where can you meet the executive editor of IGN Ryan McCaffrey for example ? I get your point, but I really disagree with this point of view that kills chances to make a difference (no offense)

We are the support/ community managers for now. It’s our job to link/share/post the hell out of the KS launch. If we all work together some major news site definitly get the wind of it and after that the hype train begins rollin’ - hopefully.
But we must behave and realy pay attention to what we write then, because any false information can very quickly lead to wrong expectation and turn the hype to a letdown.

3 Likes

That is our hope, we can and (imo have something really solid) but it won’t matter if people don’t hear about it. Hopefully our community will galvanize and put the word out where they can, and we’ll do our best on our end to make and reach the right contacts.

2 Likes