I:B Kickstarter First Day Need

Apparently it also seems to good to be true, to some people. I just read this comment in reply to the new planetary transition clip:

pre-rendered animation with overlay

:grin: :astonished:

Can you please referal link those.

Can’t just leave them be without checking myself that they have been answered. It hurts.

Don’t worry I already replied of course. :wink: I will send you the link.

1 Like

I made new graphs and fit them with existing data, also added a end-game push and raised the assumed daily pledge amount to $3.5k. Looks ok IMO.

I tried to fit the numbers in such a way to show the minimum required to reach the goal, average daily amounts could be lower or higher and the end push could be greater or smaller.

5 Likes

Yep, yours looks roughly right, @cybercritic. Generally the last day is around half the first one, and it builds up toward it at the end. 300-350k unless something big happens that makes it raise tens or hundreds of thousands over a few days like more news coverage, viral spreading on social media sites, or a reddit IAMA that’s big.

1 Like

We are pretty far behind that projection. Far from safe yet.

1 Like

True, it’s an estimate, many things can happen, it’s only day 5.

Potentially coming into at least a tiny bump in fundign numbers though, just the last hour or so has netted a bunch of new backers from just the reddit thread alone.

1 Like

Looks like it raised about 13k just in the past 12 hours or so? (edit: 9k)

3 new $2500 backers as well today, I think.

Only 1. The other 2 were the last 2 days. I think we’re getting one 2.5k backer a day.

Oh I thought I saw 2 of 5 taken like 2 hours ago but I may have misread it as 2 of 5 available.

1 Like

I’m using the kicktraq “day” as daily data, today has a bump, better than yesterday ($9k to $6k), with still half a day left. I also believe that Reddit exposure is responsible for this.

3 Likes

Yep. That’s why I posted wondering why there is no IAMA.

Reddit is the best way to promote things next to word of mouth/viral. It is in itself a bit of that.

1 Like

The devs just contacted /r/gaming for an AMA.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear.

Should probably be on /r/IAMA though? Those tend to have a high chance of reaching /r/all for a long time IIRC.

1 Like

Based on actual time, not Kicktraq days:
(Total and date time in brackets)

1st 24hrs: $82,570 ($82,570 - Thu, 22 Oct 2015 12:03:06 UTC)
2nd 24hrs: $15,706 ($98,276 - Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:02:22 UTC)
3rd 24hrs: $8,266 ($106,542 - Sat, 24 Oct 2015 12:09:42 UTC)
4th 24hrs: $6,293 ($112,835 - Sun, 25 Oct 2015 12:11:23 UTC)

As people have noted, there’s been a significant uptick since about 17:00 (5pm) UTC.

Current requirement = $278/hour which equates to $6686/24 hours

Edit: With the initial Reddit surge flattening out, the average daily requirement has been pushed down $169 to $6,517

Edit 2:
5th 24hrs: $28,419 ($141,546 - Mon, 26 Oct 2015 12:01:42 UTC)

Current requirement = $264/hour ($6,344/24hrs)

2 Likes

Been a while so double posting.

6th 24hrs: $5,051 ($146,597 - Tue, 27 Oct 2015 12:13:45 GMT)

Current requirement = $266.93/hour ($6,406/day) ($153,220 remaining to raise in 574 hrs)

EEEEEEKK :scream:

Time for the update on the graphs, these ones include actual pledges with an end push finishing at ~$40k on the last day.


Here is the assumed data for the last 6 days.

$4500
$7500
$12500
$19500
$28500
$39500
2 Likes

You’re so generous with those last 4 days pledges.