I:B Kickstarter First Day Need

I don’t think it’s following an exponential decay curve. It has made 76k on the first day and only 19k on the second. Maybe we don’t have to worry about the minimum being reached yet but if we want more than that it’s time to act. What if hundreds of us spammed major news websites with requests to cover this?
Edit: Not spam but ask politely of course

Current stats:

1st 24hrs: $82,570
2nd 24hrs: $15,706

$201,496 remaining to be made in 28 days which equals $7,196.29 per day.

@NavyFish can probably adjust the starting amount and decay to fit that, also increase the daily minimum a bit, but I don’t think that you want to see that graph. I don’t feel like showing it. :frowning:

On a positive note, there are a lot of things that can cause a spike in funding.

Yea. Publicity has been pretty low actually. I think the planet tech is so revolutionary that people assume lots of fakery going on behind the camera. Particularly with such a small and indie team behind this. ‘I mean, look how much money and time Frontier is having to spend to do just airless moons - no way this is real.’ That kind of thinking. IMO @INovaeKeith needs to start pushing videos of seamless transitions pronto. Screw production qualify - just SHOW it, get that footage out the door. Make people believe (know) it’s the real deal, and when they do, they’ll jump to support the project as we all have.

2 Likes

And the new 46 second ‘Seamless Entry’ video on the KS page doesn’t cut it. Why does it stop before the ship reaches the ground? I understand you want short clips so people don’t loose attention, but that means you have to fit the content into the short time… not just cut it off prematurely!

Also, why is Corpsealot’s video the first on the list? It’s boring compared to Bluedrakes which you’ve listed last!

3 Likes

You should probably ping @INovaeFlavien about that transition video…

Gene did it. At least that’s what he said concerning the concerns about the missing “transitions”.

Can we get some comments like: “This is fake, they don’t show it.” or “I don’t see the seamlessness” so we can get an idea how much of a problem it is. I didn’t notice such a comment yet, but I’m also not reading all the comments.

I personally believe developers should be banned from using concept art
and non-in game footage in trailers etc unless it’s obviously pointed
out this isn’t what the game looks like. I’m sick of seeing amazing
graphics in trailers then the final game is toned down massively or
doesn’t look nothing like any of the screenshots or trailers.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get it tbh. We show a transition. The only thing left for me to do is take another ~20 sec to land on the ground, but the space to atmo transition has already happened…

“seeing is believing” does not hold up as much as people might think it does.

Those ~20s are very important. Technically you end the video in atmosphere, but visually it doesn’t seem so. Most of the people will ask: where is the blue sky above my head?.

I agree the video has already been extended but I think too that an entire transition from space to ground is what people must see, because this is that point that makes I:B having a better potential than the others.

So we’ve cut under the demands recently but I’m confident that when, say, Scott Manley gets a video out we’ll see a decent enough spike. And then who knows what could happen?

1 Like

100000$ barrier reached !

excellent.

another quote from somebody that saw in-game screenshots:

if it ends up looking like the concept art above, I will gladly donate.

2 Likes

ha! if only they knew, if only.

1 Like

The kickstarter pitch video itself doesn’t convey the seamlessness. It’s either 3rd person, or skips ahead in time, but it’s not seen as seamless. I know you guys said you were trying to keep it under a certain amount of time, but that’s the first thing they see on the page. If they don’t get it there, they’re liable to just dismiss it all-together and move on without even looking at anything below that (even though its only half a page down)

For anyone trying to talk people into this, I would personally recommend they convey the twitch recordings first.

P.S. Love the music and sounds guys, nailed that one!

2 Likes

Try to watch it again without focusing on that and you notice that they did include it in the video. It’s the scene with the Helion is ascending from the big town on the planet to space. It is cut, but it’s well cut and you see that it’s indeed the ship going from a frame (as in what you see) spanning about a hunderd meters to one spanning a few hundred kilometers, to one spanning hundreds of kilometers. It’s ok for a trailer. The first person “proof” is needed tough, but It’s ok that it isn’t in the pitch video. Id does take time and there’s no way arround that. What makes it majestic is that you see all the details comming closer. Compressing that into 10-20 seconds just doesn’t do it justice and neither does it help to “poove” that the tech work, as it’s just a too short clip to be considered for such an evaluation.

I really like using this link: https://youtu.be/dp8RTHR0HWQ?t=58s

2 Likes

Yes, it is well cut…but it is CUT…not seamless. The people who you are trying to reel in aren’t going to look close enough to get the point. It really needs to be blatantly in front of their faces. The twitch videos are blatant and undeniable, and do not require any level of scrutinizing to decide if there is any hollywood magic going on.

It’s about 5 min worth at the beginning. I’m talking about the actual pitch video, not animated gifs and not the descent video below the pitch video. Those are fine and tell you what you need to know, but they are not the first thing people see on the page.

1 Like