I:B Kickstarter First Day Need

The big point is that it will have to look different, not just be different!

5 Likes

If people see just a PVP space shooter, then I:B could be in for some real difficult challenge with their KS. WHY? there are many on the market already that do a fantastic job…

The goal of INovae’s game has never been to be PvP centered, but rather exploration centered.
I:B is nonetheless going to be a bit more focused on fighting because it is an important functionality, either for the current project or for the next step. Besides, who doesn’t appreciate some “pew-pew” time to time? :smile:

I have no fear about INovae making their game sound like all the others. Won’t happen :wink:

This is what happens when you get mentioned by Sony on their E3 press conference, ~$5mil raised, ~$3mil in the first two days.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/

1 Like

Steps on Stage at E3 …

"I have this idea …

give me money."

3 Likes

I was at a games developer conference this week (Develop in Brighton, UK) and there was an interesting talk from Square Enix. They have a service called the Square Enix Collective and if I were considering a crowd sourced project I would certainly talk to them. They’ve taken quite a few projects through to full funding now although I don’t think any have been as big as Infinity: Battlescape.

Here’s the details:
https://collective.square-enix.com/news/5/details-for-developers-how-collective-works

There’s no catch, the feedback and assessment phases are free and even if they do decide to support you, you keep all the IP of your project.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up.

The article I linked is a bit out of date. It says funding is through Indiegogo but they also help with Kickstarter campaigns now. There’s more details for developers on their about page: https://collective.square-enix.com/about

Really good post mortem form a company that participated in a Square Enix Collective feedback campaign:

And their resulting KS campaign:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jumpdrive/xo-a-retro-sci-fi-strategy-game-for-pc-mac-linux

edit: link fixed as suggested by @hrobertson

edit 2: The project assessment is particularly interesting:
http://jmpdrv.com/square-enix-collective-assessment/

1 Like

Please put a space in front of that link so it doesn’t get one-boxed and autoplay.
Thanks

Interesting read @Crayfish, thanks for sharing.

I’ll keep track of this one for us, even though the amount they are asking for is a fraction of what INS needs for IBS. Looking very good ATM.

/edit
A quick update, XO has been funded 10 days into the KS campaign, sitting at just over $40k.

Hello , this is my 1º post and first things first … AWESOME engine , really jaw droping.
2º , i want to be apart of this project , when is the exact date for the Kick starter ???

Thanks , PLEASE keep the good work !!!

1 Like

Soon™

It’s actually been the closest it has been in years. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay!

A Gamescom announcement would be nice :wink: :wink: :wink:

Isn’t that always true?

2 Likes

Actually no… I think the community expectation has always been about the same, but on our end, we actually are close.

3 Likes

Sure, but my point is that a year ago you were still a year away from being as close as you are now to releasing the Kickstarter.

Basically, the statement would be true whenever it was made. I was poking fun.

1 Like

I’ll just leave it there. /snickers

And the content they haven’t seen yet… Ooh the wonderful things yet to be revealed… :wink:

2 Likes

Such as the game, for example. That’d be nice of you to reveal. Soon™.