I:B Kickstarter First Day Need

well if you are this close, can you throw a deadline finally :wink:

No deadlines!

No combobreaker!

Almost :smile:

1 Like

Oh stop teasing… dying to see what you’ve hidden.

1 Like

~2 months, if nothing goes wrong… :wink:

1 Like

Alright, so there is a space-game game called Everspace, looks like they have a mature team, the visuals are stunning and they are asking for around $350k as their minimum goal. This could be a good indicator for IBS.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rockfishgames/everspace/

3 Likes

A pretty interesting article about the Zano drones KS and the problems they are facing due to over-funding.

/edit [for bump]
Everspace has been funded with around ~10 days left, pretty good news for us. :smiley:

1 Like

Over-funding is never really an issue. From what I understand from the article, it’s more the lack of communication and transparency.

They were expecting to make 800-1000 of units, due to their funding success that went up to 14-15k, so they had to scale everything and you lose efficiency and intimacy as you scale up over short time periods.

I’m also thinking that SC would have the original Squadron 42 game done by now if they only made their minimum goal.

2 Likes

Figured I’d revive this thread instead of creating a new one…

7 Hours in:

And there’ve been an additional 51 backers in the past half hour since Kicktraq last updated the project.

4 Likes

Since the minimum goal has been reduced to $300k, the OP first day projection should scale down to about $75k on the first day.

That looks very possible ATM. :smiley:

1 Like

Some quick math @ 5 hours 45 minutes in:

Average per-capita pledge: $76.55
Average per-minute pledge: $151.14

Obviously these numbers will decline as we get over the initial pledge hump, but those are some cheery numbers so far.

3 Likes

hot off the press

(if i’m blasting away at your data cap, just tell me to stuff it and I’ll stop updating :))

5 Likes

i just had conversation with someone who only now discovered that infinity have huge community. you MUST show our old forums to people. even in read only mode. china have its own http://www.infinity-game.com/ why we do not have ours?

1 Like

You should ping @INovaeGene about that, he has access to a copy of the forums. I’ve been pushing, no luck.

TBH I don’t really want to see my youthful arguments.

2 Likes

There’s no way we’ll see the old forum before the Kickstarter finishes. There’s too much discussion of TQFE. Some people may be confused as to the scope of Battlescape based on that, and it could lead to some unnecessary controversy or bad press.

2 Likes

I’ve spent most of my time today linking tips of the KS campaign to lots of news sites like Polygon, IGN, Eurogamer, The Awesomer, Digital Trends, Kotaku… hopefully some of them will yield fruits!

4 Likes

Thanks, hopefully some of the big news site will pick us up some time soon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah. Just the kickstarter isn’t enough publicity. Pretty sure people will start picking up on it though, with bluedrake’s videos and all that.

The response so far seems to be pretty good, so I’m hoping it will be enough to draw their attention and not be dismissed as “just another KS”. Considering how well it’s going without major coverage I’m looking forward to seeing what effect a few articles from these guys would have!

4 Likes