True! Maybe anything is on the table. That would definitely be suitable considering the length in time INS engine has been in production. In which case, failing cannot be an option. They’ve never asked for donations; just patience and support. I call that serious dignity.
I’m not talking about INS in particular, I’m talking about a KS loophole that can be gently used in favor of a project or grossly exploited to the point of criminality.
It seems there is now a KS that is the closest match to I:B yet, Descent IP has been bought by some veteran SC guys and they are asking for $600k. By the looks of it, this is going to be another close one…
![]()
I find this sentence rather funny. 
EDIT: i apologize mate please don’t take this as attack against you, i didn’t meant that.
Point is that these people have made games in the past and can pull off a standard game build without much trouble. Call them experienced game dudes if you want. 
No offence taken, not really sure what seemed as offensive in the first case…
This is why I don’t blame INS for taking their time to build something out properly. The Descent KS came out looking very uncertain and nobody knew what the game actually was aside from being a new Descent. As a result of this a lot of people were presuming it was just a multiplayer cash-in for the Descent IP.
The devs themselves are certainly highly experienced and could make a great game with no difficulty, but the general translation to the public wasn’t clear enough.
And a bloody miracle, made it in the last 10min or so, unbelievable.
![]()
My guess is, that was devs themselves.
For this reason i like more some kind of open funding method without limit.
Another multiplayer space shooter appeared, they are asking for $250k and have some industry veterans on the team. Looks like they just might make it with a little end push.
This is a very real problem though…we have well known IPs like Descent and the creators behind X-Wing trying to get funding for a “battle arena space shooter” and THEY are struggling. If Starfighter Inc is going to make it it’s going to be by a hair…
Then we have unknown developers like Inovae trying to do something similar. They really need to turn heads in a very serious way when they launch the KS otherwise I don’t really see how they are going to make it.
If developers like Frontier shows off the upcoming planetary landings expansion for Elite: Dangerous this E3 next month (which I suspect they will) and Hello Games shows of more of No Man’s Sky then Battlescape is going to “lose” their number one “ace”…I’m just afraid that they lost their opportunity by dragging their feet for so long in the search of “perfection”.
INS needs to face the prospect of talking to publishers if all else fails. Rogue System has taken that route with a small publisher called Image Space Inc. and Michael Juliano is very close to reaching the pre-alpha testing phase.
Publisher deals don’t always mean EA-style hatchet jobs. Just don’t make compromises and find the right financier that supports INS’s values.
I doubt that
FD is struggling to even have a promised content no to make something so grand.
Would be wonderful if they did and to see what they did with it, I have free DLCs for life. 
Descent is struggling because their developers keep asking for community opinions in polls and things… then immediately ignoring them to go choose the option that’ll make them more money. Almost everyone thinks it’s going to turn into a mess of microtransactions.
Starfighter is struggling because there’s no info about the game AT ALL beyond tech (hard sci-fi), the genre (pvp arena shooter) and control-scheme (Newtonian). That one sentence alone sums up their entire kickstarter pitch.
*Also, directly comparing your game to anything free-2-play as though it’s a good thing is a death-sentence for a kickstarter campaign. My mind boggles at the insanity of it.
Just don’t make compromises and find the right financier that supports INS’s values.
This 100% I might even be able to help find a smaller publisher for INS. I am on good terms with some people and can get in touch with them if needs be.
Thought that I should post an update on Starfighter Inc., doesn’t look like they are receiving that end push as some of the other games, I suppose to get funded now, a little miracle is needed.
![]()
- No in-game footage in their initial video.
- Video didn’t clearly set out what they planned to create in any detail.
- Pre-alpha footage that they’ve released is underwhelming.
- Tiers including loads of bundled copies devalues the game.
To the general public Starfighter Inc. looked just like the rest of the up-coming “space shooter games” something I hope won’t happen to Infinity.
you said it mate: “Looked like the rest.”
Infinity is unlike the rest 
Absolutely. SC/ED has nothing on this.